Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Long Beach swapmeet, April 17th

Pages: 1 9 replies

For my mom's 50th birthday we threw her a huge tiki themed party. Unfortunately my parents have decided to not make everything that they collected for it a permanent part of their home.

We had lots and lots of stuff, tall carved tikis, mugs, a bar, new stuff and old stuff. Anyway they've decided to sell it at the Long Beach swapmeet on Sunday April 17th. As a special TC deal just mention Tiki Central and they'll give you a 10% discount.

Our space is D 552 we are directly down the center isle from the ticket booth (entrance) at the first intersection on the corner. We should be having a CD playing hawaiian music.

Information about the Long Beach show can be found at http://www.longbeachantiquemarket.com/

Sadly I will not be there that day as I am currently residing in Oregon.

[ Edited by: sporkboyofjustice on 2005-03-30 15:50 ]

DZ

Do you have your booth number yet? I'll make a beeline for it when I get there!

They do have a regular spot so I should be able to get their number shortly (we are in different states right now). I will post that info as soon as I get it. If you have problems with the spot number just go to the booth with all the tikis;)

OK, that wasn't very funny since there are 20 acres to the area. I'll get that info for you all though.

B

Hey Sporkboy, nice to hear from you after a looong time. come on in and stay awhile.

Thanks Benzart, it's good to be back. I have been by every now and then lurking about but I haven't had a need to post lately. Not to mention I've been doing a fair bit of traveling (to places not mentioned in Tiki Road Trip).

Update on the space number, below is the response I recieved moments ago:
" Our space is D 552 we are directly down the center isle from the ticket booth (entrance) at the first intersection on the corner. We should be having a CD playing hawaiian music. "

H

How early can one get in to this place, any ideas?????

I checked the website that I mentioned earlier and it said:

"5:30AM - 6:30AM - Early Admission $10.00
6:30 AM - 3:00 PM General Admission $5.00*

Children under 12 are Free
Free Parking

Please, no pets.

• DISCOUNT COUPONS ACCEPTED AFTER 8:00AM ONLY "

If you know someone that participates in this show you could sneak in with them early though they would probably make you help unpack. It's been a long time since I've done this show but I remember something about being there around 4:00am to set up so in theory you could get in around then if you had some connections.

On 2005-03-30 12:25, Doctor Z wrote:
Do you have your booth number yet? I'll make a beeline for it when I get there!

Forget it Dr.Z, those tikis are mine!

PS- bring donuts, please.

H

I just signed up as a seller and rented a space to ensure that I get in at 4am.

I'll beat you all to the goods!
:lol:

Just kidding. However, this would probably be a tactic you could expect from KC.

H

Hakalugi, I think you want to be part of the highrolling club...hahahaha

Pages: 1 9 replies