Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag / Bomboras Poster - Very Cool

Pages: 1 15 replies

TM

They had some of these posters at the SWAT show last Satuday so I picked one up and had Shag sign it for me. Framed 'er up today. It's a double wammy - The Bomboras are one of my favorites and I think it's a pretty unique addition to the collection.

J

Hey Matt - the poster is wicked! Where did you get that frame? I've got a couple menus that could use a framing and the bamboo look would work perfect! Please don't tell me you had it custom made... I've spent way too much on getting artwork framed over the last few years!

TM

Hey John, I got it at Aaron Brothers. It's 16"x20" and only $20+ tax. There's a couple of Aaron Bros. in Virginia, but I'm not sure how far they are from you...

J

Matt, thanks for the info! I'm gonna track them down!

Hey johntiki!

The guys at Urban Posters on Thames Street in Fells Point do a great job framing stuff professionally and they are very inexpensive for what you get. They have a few bamboo frames to choose from.

Tell Kory or Kevin that Lauren sent you!

Deery Luau

Thanks for the tip Deery - will definitely pay them a visit!

Is that cool poster available anywhere?

TM

I got it at the Shag with a Twist show in L.A., they only had ten left...

Yeah, I got that a few years ago, so it would be interesting to know if this is a re-print or if someone found a new batch of them. I think it was the first time I'd heard of Shag, having bought the poster for the Tiki rather than the artist.

Trader Woody

TM

I was told that there was a batch of them found @ Hollywood Book and Poster, so I don't think it's a re-print...

B
BaronV posted on Sun, Apr 3, 2005 2:27 PM

Double Down Saloon has them for thirty bucks - http://www.doubledownsaloon.com/buy.html

Sounds like a bootleg........

Trader Woody

A

By bootleg, do you mean that it's not a first printing of the poster?

On 2005-04-03 17:57, aikiman44 wrote:
By bootleg, do you mean that it's not a first printing of the poster?

Well, it's 11 years since the print first came out and suddenly it's become fairly widely available. As it wasn't limited in the first place, there's nothing stopping the original printers printing up a bunch more. Someone may have printed a batch in true bootleg fashion, then again, these may be from the original printing, found in a dusty box under the stairs....

Anyway, beats me....it would be interesting to find out.

Trader Woody

B

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:24 ]

I just got one from the saloon, and it's on heavy screenprint paper similar to the kind presently being used by shag. The ink is also very bright and colorful. It's a high quality poster even though they did bend a corner (very small) during shipping (in a tube). It will be covered by the matte, so I don't care that much. It definetly is a cool relic from the recent past.

-g-

Pages: 1 15 replies