Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tabu Tiki nights - Chicago - April 20 - rock solid like a Moai.

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

Aloha everyone

After some shakiness with the February and March Tabu Tiki nights events, I am pleased to announce that AJ (Trader Vic's general manager) has reworked some things in a manner that guarantees the future of the event through 2005!

Unfortunately, entertainment will consist of only a band OR hula dancers each month, but other than having to alternate between these two entertainments, the event will be back to normal, as of this month's event on April 20.

We have some new stuff in store too, such as some free swag to give away, and a new monthly drink special (the "drink of the month"), which will be a new drink every month, specially invented just for that night's event.

The Cocktail Preachers will be back this month for their first Tabu Tiki appearance since November. This event will be their CD release party, and ALL Tabu Tiki night attendees get a FREE Cocktail preachers CD!

Come on by April 20!

The version of the above as posted on the web site...

Tabu Tiki Nights is held on the third Wednesday of every month at Trader Vic's in Chicago.

There was some confusion with the February and March events, but everything has been worked out, and the event is back on track, rock solid, and will be happening as scheduled through 2005!

Remaining 2005 dates
(live entertainment schedule TBA):
April 20,
May 18,
June 15,
July 20,
August 17,
September 21,
October 19,
November 16,
December 14 (second Wednesday, not third!)

7:00 PM until 11:00 PM

No cover charge!

Entertainment for April:

Tabu Tiki favorites, the Cocktail Preachers, celebrating the release of their new CD, The Exotic Moods of the Cocktail Preachers.
FREE CDs for everyone!

JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System
(spinning vintage Exotica, surf, lounge, and Hawaiian music).

Tiki art by Chicago pop artist Esqui, Tiki carvings, signs, and wall decorations by Dave from Lake Tiki.

Complimentary pupus (appetizers) until 9:30.

Special give-aways - come by for your chance at cool stuff for free!

NEW drink specials -
The debut of our "drink of the month" special: a newly created rum cocktail will be invented each month for the Tabu Tiki Nights event.

And, the usual $5 Zombie special will be in effect.

There's still room for artists, carvers, and live entertainers / bands to get involved in all future events.
Contact James at: [email protected]

Trader Vic's is located in the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton
at 17 E. Monroe, Chicago, IL, 60603. (312) 917-7317

[edited by request of IngSoc and Big Brother]

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2005-04-25 11:04 ]

YEA!

I'm sure this has occured to y'all, but any way to make Tabu Tiki Night in July the Thursday BEFORE Exotica weekend, rather than the Wednesday after?

I'd soooo love to be there for it, and it seems like that would be a dandy Thursday activity for all us out-of-towners.

B

On 2005-03-31 14:31, Formikahini wrote:
... it seems like that would be a dandy Thursday activity for all us out-of-towners.

Never fear. We have already planned to include Trader Vic's in the Exotica weekend. Guess when? Yup. Thursday the 7th. The fine folks at Trader Vic's corporate have seen fit to sponsor Exotica so we will be able to include some entertainment in our get together at Vic's. We have more confirmed, and still more in the works for Exotica– so stay tuned. We will have the full line-up and schedule very soon. Promise.
Mahalo!
-Duke and Amy

HOOORRRRAAAYYY!

March was dreadful without Tabu Tiki Night.

If attendees of April's event are in the market for a specific tiki from me... i.e. size or style... feel free to PM me with your interest. You can pick it up that night at Vic's or I can make a daytime delivery to the Chicago area at no delivery cost. I've been carving madly the last few weeks for the
summertime.

The Lake Tiki Raffle will also be back on in April just like February's.

I'm working on new stuff to bring down again... watch for new carved tiki mug shelves!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again! And the Cocktail Preachers!

Big Mahalo to AJ, James and the rum company!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-03-31 22:23 ]

That is great news! We'll be there on the 20th. I'm so happy that Tabu Tiki Nights is on for the rest of 2005. EsQui and I always have a blast! Thanks James, AJ, and Bacardi! See you in April!

Just a bump to remind everyone of Tabu Tiki Nights this Wednesday, April 20. All of the pertinent info is above... and watch this space for pics after the event.

Spring is here, the weather is gorgeous, and the rum is cheap.

And FREE Cocktail Preachers CDs!

Sorry we won't be able to make it :( We're still out of town. I'm looking forward to being back at Trader Vic's in May. Have a blast everyone!

Lissette

Just an update...

The Lake Tiki Raffle will take place Wednesday night... your chance to take home a great tiki or a runner up tiki sign...

Tickets are again $2 each - 3 for $5.

I'll have other tikis with me too for sale as well as signs!

See you there!

james, i noticed no barefoot hawaiians, will they be there in may???

I wish these weren't on Wednesday nights. I work 2nd shift and will almost never be able to make it.

T

On 2005-04-20 09:39, hala bullhiki wrote:
james, i noticed no barefoot hawaiians, will they be there in may???

Probably.

T

On 2005-04-20 09:43, finkdaddy wrote:
I wish these weren't on Wednesday nights. I work 2nd shift and will almost never be able to make it.

Sorry Fink.

I lobbied hard to get this event on a weekend, but TVs whole reason for doing this event was to get people in there on weeknights...

My head hurts today... too many Zombies.

Thanks to everyone who made last night great. Hope those that made purchases enjoy their new tikis! Cocktail Preachers ruled last night! The drive back home was made more pleasant rocking out to the new cd.

I'll get my pictures up tonight.

Thanks to everyone who helped put on another great event last night. Its always great to hit Trader Vics, and even better on Tabu Tiki Night. The Cocktail Preachers were great and the missus even picked up a new tiki for the house. Can't wait for next month.

A few pictures...

The big winner in the raffle!

Thanks for coming, everyone.

One of the best Tabu Tiki Nights to date.

See you all on May 18.

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2005-05-05 11:01 ]

Pages: 1 16 replies