Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: 4/7 Disney style Hanging Tiki Necklace

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Okay, you may have never noticed them or else have seen them and fell in love. The hanging Tikis hung high on the right side of the Enchanted Tiki Room. Well, I tried out my own version.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtikiQ2etony

TCpageTiKi tOny.cOmadriftclothing.com

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2005-04-07 02:50 ]

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2005-04-07 02:51 ]

TM

Great stuff TT! I really like the bottom pic. You bringin' original paintings to Oasis? This time I won't wait until someone else buys the one I want and then get all pissed! By the way, the print Gene is selling is excellent! I ordered one the minute I saw his post. Keep up the good work...

M

I don't want to hurt tOny's rep by saying his is the coolest...but his art sure is cool.

B

hey tOny, whats the story with this last carving you posted, I can't quit looking at it, it's really nice. What when where why, what kind, how long and all that stuff. Also do you have more pix of it? Love it.

TM

On 2005-04-01 18:28, Benzart wrote:
hey tOny, whats the story with this last carving you posted, I can't quit looking at it, it's really nice. What when where why, what kind, how long and all that stuff. Also do you have more pix of it? Love it.

Hey Ben, I'll fight you for it! P.S. Should have another package off to you next week...

T

TiKi Matt, thanks for the support! Oh, and thanks for that NJ reference, hope it pans out! McDougal... thanks, I love to carve to get out the agression that builds up after painting... and yes, I'll have about 15 original framed eXoTic Isle Paintings for Oasis. Benz... 12 inches tall and 9.25 inches wide at the top of the face and 4.75 inches at the bottom of the face. Well, one day I went and collected a trunk full of these Canary Island Date Palm frawns from a few locations around town, and went straight to carving. I usually don't work from any drawings, and just try to be as playful as I can with the lines. Most of the masks were traditional, but this one was different. I got an email from an ebayer who said it looked like the Sleeslacks from "Land of the Lost" which after looking up, was pretty close although not intentional. I use to love that show as a youngin. So, where it came from? Years of incubation, and an after noon in my Bamboo Carving hut in my backyard

sleestack...yeah, I see it! my brother and I would glue ourselves to the TV for that show! (except when the T-rex came at the screen...that was freaky!) I digress...

Nice ones Tony - I hope you get the $$$ they're worth. That lamp is Ouddahsite! and that mask - I'm with Ben - I can't stop looking at it. Maybe it's the big beady eyes.
great stuff!

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-04-02 12:27 ]

T

nEw nEcklace.. okay... yup...

Pages: 1 7 replies