Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

(Battery operated) Tiki Drummer

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hopefully, I am not the last to find out about these guys, but I have been seeing these Tiki Drummers popping up on Ebay. After searching the web, I found one and bought one at a whole lot less than Ebay was selling them for!!

I wasn't expecting much for $10.00, but this guy is like the Energizer Bunny... he keeps on going, and going, and going. At first I thought the music was going to be cheesy, but its actually cool stuff! And the drummers intricate tom-toming (is that a real word?) is GREAT! The music lasts for at least 3 - 4 minutes before it will automatically shut off.

Another wonderful, cheap novelty for your tiki bars! I got mine and have to smile everytime I start him up!

Here's a link to where I purchased mine:

http://www.sillyasstoys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=153

I love that guy!

I used to carry those but I'm sold out.

Here's the song ...if you dare!

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2005-04-02 00:29 ]

I got one of these guys from Christmas/house-warming. The tune and rhythm are intoxicating! I actually hit the little "play" button from time-to-time just to hear it - just me alone. The friend who gave it to me said a friend of his taped the song - he liked it so much he wanted to have a copy!!

What's that? Do what?

The song told me that I must kill somebody now. Must.....obey.....song.....

The tone & melody remind me of a Fifty Cent song.

Z

The tiki drummer that haunts my dreams!!

I saw one of these on display at a store, and in front of it was a nice little hand-written sign that read, "Press the button once and be patient!!". So I pressed the button and he started drumming, and drumming ... and drumming, and was overwhelmingly loud in the otherwise quiet shop that day.

Then I felt obligated to stay and watch the seemingly endless display, afraid to push the button again for fear that it would re-start the process, thus the sign's admonition to, "Be patient!" Finally, I was saved by Mr. ZebraTiki having the guts to push the button again, and peace was restored. I would've been there until they closed! That night, and well into the next day, I couldn't get that tune and the drumming out of my head.
I probably need to buy one now. They do grow on you.

[ Edited by: ZebraTiki on 2005-04-02 16:36 ]

Thanks for the link! I've seen those on ebay as well but never thought about buying one. Maybe now, eh??

I love this guy! An annoying neighbor in the campground at Philadelphia Folk Festival played Tiki Time over and over and over and over and over last weekend. So much so that friends and I are planning to recreate Tiki Time in live performance, with (of course) a music video. I'm eager to buy any Tiki Time drummers, working or non, for band members to rehearse with.

IN THE INTERIM, I'm hoping some kind soul might record a MP3 or video of Tiki Time MINUS the drum track. I found out that if you hold him upside down, his mallets fail to connect with the the skulls, and you get a piano-only rendition that could be remixed with live drums. Conversely, if some brave soul were to temporarily sever a speaker wire, a drums-only recording could be made and remixed with, for example, bluegrass instruments. The possibilities are endless.

So, to sum up, please sell or rent me your Tiki Time drummer. michaelhagen at gmail dot com.

Pages: 1 6 replies