Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

April Fool's: Tiki Bong is now a Moderater

Pages: 1 34 replies

UPDATE: For anyone who didn't figure this out: Bong was never really a moderater. His profile said "moderater" but he had no moderation powers at all.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore (spelled wrong on purpose, folks) 2006-10-26 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2006-10-26 14:46 ]

ha, ya.

Congratulations Tiki Bong!

Lemme buy you a drink! Oh wait, I'm up in Canada. A virtual April 1st celebratory drink then :wink:

O

Bong? Is that guy still around? congrats, but I heard someone say that april first jokes belong in bilge...

[ Edited by: OnaTiki on 2005-04-01 12:12 ]

T

Let me be the FIRST to say Bong is NUMBER 1 in my book. You'd have to be a FOOL not to congratulate him on this accomplishment.

Oh please Hanford TOO EEZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the big joke is that you think I'm joking!

Check out his status:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13861&forum=5&vpost=149884

Well, butter my biscuits...

Congrats happy moderating

T

April Fools....right? Well if not, I for one welcome our new Bong Overlord!

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2005-04-01 13:15 ]

What are you going to talk about in the 'Backroom' now?

Trader Woody

On 2005-04-01 14:17, Trader Woody wrote:
What are you going to talk about in the 'Backroom' now?

Trader Woody

zing!

T

Whaddaya, layin' down on the job already??? A Michael Jackson post (WTF?) in Main Discussion Area?

BILGE!!!

Actually, can we ban Michael Jackson posts along with the Pope?

On 2005-04-01 15:04, Tiki-bot wrote:

Actually, can we ban Michael Jackson posts along with the Pope?

you know, TC is NOT what it used to be. We can't talk about the Pope, Michael Jackson, I mean, come on. What is this board about ANYWAY??? OWLS?

actually, I agree :) Bong, you're the only moderator who wasn't out all night, revelling in the Official Tiki Day in Fairfax festivities, hop to it!

Dude, you got a promotion! Saweet!

H

Hey Bong are you really going to edit all the inappropriate posts or can we get away with them. Now that you are the boss???

K
Kono posted on Fri, Apr 1, 2005 4:40 PM

This reminds me of Cinderella!

D

If Bong is Cinderella, who does that make Hanford? The "Evil Step Mother" or the "Fairy Godmother"? If nothing else this is going to be one interesting union! Congrats Bong and Hanford :D

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-04-01 20:53 ]

TM

So I thought to myself "So close to being kicked off only a few months ago, to Moderator, sounds fishy". Then I though "I haven't seen a post from Bong in a while" so I went on over and Searched under Tiki Bong and got the error: "That user does not exist. Please go back and search again."

C'mon Hanford, fess up!!

If this is just my Oliver Stone side taking over, I do not mean to offend and would like to offer congrats to Bong!

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-04-01 17:28 ]

B

If this is not an April Fools joke, then Congrats Bong. I'll check tomorrow to see whats the deal because you know there just Can't be announcements like this on a day like this???

M

Glad you finally came around Hanford

B

What, no Moderator title for Tiki Toa?

T

Now I see why Pet Rocks sold so well...

B

HEYTikiBong, How do you like being a moerator?

Z

Happy April Mules Day everybody!

Hey, did you know that the word 'gullible' is a colloquialism ... it's not even in the dictionary. Really! Go look!

K
Kono posted on Fri, Apr 1, 2005 7:46 PM

On 2005-04-01 19:28, Benzart wrote:
HEYTikiBong, How do you like being a moerator?

This made my addled brain read "Moai-raptor." That would be a premiumly swank dinosaur!

Bong, before the witching hour, do you have access to the dreaded "Backroom?" What secrets are held there? The other night I was reading a post (in Bilge I think) and when I refreshed to look for responses it told me I was in the Backroom and not authorized blah blah blah got a jack boot in the small of my back and I still have a bit of a stiff legged walk even today. It's also hard to bend over, not that you'd care about something like that.

This is completely unacceptable! I will be leaving tiki central and canceling my tickets to Tiki Oasis.

Ya know, I'm not fallin' for this 100%, but the question comes to mind; how much sucking up has Bong done around here in my absence?

I mean, come on...back in the day I did more ass kissin' around here than Bong...and look at me...what the hell am I? A peeon with a spelling disorder!

Well, classy status or not, Bong has my support and respect either way (more sucking up...for what good it'll do me!).

what's that saying again ah yes.. Set a thief to catch a thief.

Arrrr...that's the best decision anyone's made since Capt. Hazelwood turned over the bridge of the Exxon Valdez to the third mate in Prince William Sound! Ha Ha, jus' kiddin' Bong. Fair winds and following tides.

DZ

I see that Bong has lost his Moderator status and is back to being a Tiki Socialite.

I knew it was too good to be true...

:(

T

See Hanford,

Isn't having fun at other people's expense a great time?

M

:lol:

TM

Nice...

B

I new it was an april fools day joke but I thought you(bong) would have played more and done some Heavy "moderator" things while you had the chance. Oh well it was funny while it lasted

P
pablus posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2005 5:52 AM

I think he moved all of your carving posts to Bilge forum, Benzo.

:wink:

....still waiting on the Tiki Crawl bus.

Pages: 1 34 replies