Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

tiki ipod skinz?

Pages: 1 32 replies

K
kooche posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2005 9:12 PM

hey tiki lovers...a while back i was talking about a product based on some tiki paintings i did that was for an ipod...my prototype ipod skin arrived about 4 weeks ago and since i have been sporting a protective skin...i am CRAZY for any kind of music so an ipod to me is like Xmas...one of the greatest inventions of the last 100 years...it's not a life saving vaccine but it can take a 6 hour flight and break it into tiny bite sized bits and these skins are cool cool cool - not to mention totally function based...if you are into ipods like i am...dig it...you mihgt want to pick one up...

http://macskinz.com/

click on artist series and scroll down to see the sneak peak of my 2 designs...sorry ...only ONE of them is tiki guys...

What name are you under?

D

Any idea when yours will be available?

This is how my brother tikied his ipod..

S

Hey, how do you do that?

K

i love it...your brother boned his hardware prefs to be tiki...i hope that thing runs more than a couple more weeks...hell...he may be able to take his ipod apart and put it back together again for all i know...maybe he works for apple!!!

just got word the skinz are going to be for sale in the next week...i'll post it when i get it!

I have not a clue, I think he did it when he was running his ipod on Linnux, I think he said he replaced the (possibly).bmp of the tick you get when you disconnect, with a monocrome image of a tiki i did.
I'll email him and find out all the gory details.

T
K

those ipod skinz are for sale right now kidz!

I ordered mine today, too bad you don't have one available of the painting shown above, too!

Thanks!

K
kooche posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2005 8:10 AM

the painting above...? glad you like it stuff-o-rama...

anyone headed to the tiki ti for the grand re-opening??? i am going to have a Tshirt image ready for those dudes...i can't wait to enjoy one of the finest in original tropical drinks again!!!

Jess, I will Kooch. Hallooo bodeee, these kick ass!

K

Diablo

i can't WAIT to peep out that A-frame you are carving up and hammering together for Greenway...dig dig dig dig diiig!!!

mahalo!

Those are really sweeet!
Unfortunately your skins won't fit my mini.:(

On 2005-04-08 12:33, Tikiwahine wrote:
Those are really sweeet!
Unfortunately your skins won't fit my mini.:(

Should we move this to the 'Things that may sound odd to non-tiki folk' thread? :lol:

D

Me too Tikiwahine :( I was all excited then realized I have a mini and they wont fit. No ipod skinz love for the mini :(

Dawntiki, we should e-mail them and ask for the artist series to be made for the mini, then maybe we'll have some schweet skinz by kooche!

K
kooche posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2005 6:21 PM

haha...i don't know what to tell you mini-pods...an ipod is an ipod weather it's a shuffle or a mini or the full color biggy ... i love ALL ipods...i don't know if there is a mini skin in the works...it's a good question!

S

Miles-
Glad to see these finally came together, they look grat, have to pick one up. There is no way I could stay on my feet cutting without the help of my ipod, the best gift Christine ever got me.
Looking forward to throwing back a few tasty beverages with you and Danny at the Ti, we can't wait to see the final completed package.
And, I am not upset in the least, that a little tiki influence is slipping back in your work based on the painting you posted.
see you soon bro...

K
kooche posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2005 8:15 PM

i dig my ipod skin...i have the devil skin wrapping my unit...

tiki influence...this painting was started about a year ago... it's been left unfinished and a couple of tiki group shows are on the horizon so i had to pull it out and complete it... i have some other near finished oil pieces for the "Heaven and Hell" show...and i don't believe that there is a single pagan diety in the entire exhibition...sorry...but i am moving on...not that my love of the paradise that is tiki is any less great than it ever was...but it is a great big beautiful world and variety is the spice...

ipods RULE!!!

Wow! Got mine in two days turnaround time. I just opened it (as I have been away from home for the past week), it is so cool I'm afraid someone will steal my ipod for the skin! Also I didn't realize these were limited to 100. I got number 1/100 -- Mwuh hah hah ha hah ha! I'm going to use it too! Squirm over that one, collectors!

*** the above snarky comment was meant as a joke, collectors please do not take this as a personal dig. * **

Kooche, your paintings rule!!!

K

stuff-o-rama... glad you like it...i like mine too...it's great being able to put the ipod down in the car or on a tabletop and not have to worry about it's condition at all...thanks for letting me know that you got one and that you like it....

kahiki johnny...you live in akron ohio...my fav toys ever were made there at the Rempel rubber company...i'm glad you like my paintings!!! thanks for the kind words!

E

I'm so stoked...just ordered "Tiki Goodness". I've been looking all over for just the right skin/case so was excited to see an Artist's Series featuring Miles and his tiki design! I know they are making movie skins (came across one for Nacho Libre and Mission Impossible) but this is more of what I wanted. wheee! Thanks, Kooche! :)

E

Here's how you justify and rationalize buying a cool skin:

"My iPod will look exactly like that if I don't get a skin!"

Of course if you miss your cat or dog or your boyfriend's furry back there's always this:

K

that is one messed up ipod nano!

E

K

oh dude that is too hilarious! thanks for posting it!!!

made my day!

i'm suprized no one has carved a monkeypod ipod cover yet. monk-ipod?

K

oh it'll happen! eee-pod

what's tiki about Maui anyone?

E

Kooche...glad it made you laugh. :)

ToonToonz! I love your Birds in Paradise iPod skin! If you had made the Five Bluebirds of Happiness into one, I'd find that hard to resist...I confess to having a thing for Bluebirds of Happiness... (just don't let it get around)

K

the only thing that'd make that ipod skin even MORE cool than it is in that pic is if it were here in Lahaina with me RIGHT NOW!!! looking at the ocean over a sea of palms and geckos! mai tai at sunset anyone? HELL YEAH! GETTING LOLO!

Pages: 1 32 replies