Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Nut - Works gallery art show - Da Pics Are up-

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hi,
Hope it's cool to do Shameless self promotion here.
I have a piece of Tiki Art in an art show in San Jose, CA. The gallery is called the WORKs here is a link if you are interested in checking it out. http://www.workssanjose.org
The show runs from 3/29/05 – 4/23/05
Please let me know if you go. The piece is called "TIKI NUT". I would love to hear your feedback.
Aloha
FlickOn _Tiki

[ Edited by: FlickOn_Tiki on 2005-04-16 19:56 ]

Hey FO. (Haha)

I'll check that out for sure.
Do you have gallery space in SJ, or work out of SJSU or SCU?

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2005 6:56 AM

is there a pic of your work ?

Gigantalope,
You are awsome for being my first TC connection! Let me know what you think! Thanks!
I work out of my space at home in down town Campbell.
-flickon

[ Edited by: FlickOn_Tiki on 2005-04-06 17:58 ]

TeaKEY,
I am employing my photo smart buddy to capture some photos. I will post em when we get em. Thanks!!
-flickon

Hey FlickOn, it was nice to spend the morning with you.

Funny about the pieces at the WORKS, they wide variety makes it easy to not notice the details of other pieces.

I thought the Nut piece was interesting, but would not have paid it much attention by itself.

Further, as I told you, the treatment of the actual fiber of the coconut gave it a Korean Ceramic appearance.

After seeing the pieces that were in progress where the green coconut shape was manipulated, and the treatment of the husks of others showcased different methods, I liked the Tiki Nut piece more.

I think the piece would be much stonger (displayed) if the viewer saw several different ones. By itself the nut won't show all the subtle work done to it.

When choosing a medium that's unusual, there is a reward for the viewer when they know that "this guy has taken this as far as it can go."

I liked it quite alot, and look forward to a series, and a theme show (with Pina Coladas)

Cheers

Gigantalope,
You Da Bom for making out to the Works Gallery. You Da Man for bringing beers to my home studio. You Da Main Dog for your critique of the Tiki Nut! - Thanks -

I am working on a red Tiki Nut next. When I have a more things ready maybe we can find some other SF Bay area Tiki creators who would like to pool forces to do a Tiki Centric showing in the South Bay. If we have a group, I think we can get a show rolling here.
:drink: Pina Coladas will be on me! :drink:

The Tiki Nut photos will be uploaded here in minutes.

Peace
FilkOn-Tiki

Creators,
Here are the photos of the Tiki Nut from the Works San Jose Show.
Would love to get your feed back.

Materials: Coconut, Dye, Mineral Oil

Aloha
FlickOn_Tiki

T

I say beanie hat with thick sideburns.
if only smaller and more of them, I could make a Hawaiian lei. :)

But actually it looks clean, simple and probably different to each beholder. A good idea for coconuts.

I don't get it???
Good Luck with the show, Anyway!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2005-04-18 05:24 ]

B

How creative! I'm in Louisiana, so won't be able to see the show, but the piece is great! It's comical to me, and I love art that makes me smile. (love the sideburns comment)

Keep up the good work.

On 2005-04-16 18:44, FlickOn_Tiki wrote:
Creators,
Here are the photos of the Tiki Nut from the Works San Jose Show.
Would love to get your feed back.

Materials: Coconut, Dye, Mineral Oil

Aloha
FlickOn_Tiki

Dateline: April 18, 2005 Tiki Chronicles- Gilligan Island Reports:
The FDA once again reversed its stand on silicon-gel breast implants and has put the matter on hold. Advisory groups are now testing for FDA approval the New Tiki Coconut Breast Implants. The coconut implants were newly developed by Dr. FlickOn_Tiki of California.

B

Dateline: April 18, 2005 Tiki Chronicles- Gilligan Island Reports:
The FDA once again reversed its stand on silicon-gel breast implants and has put the matter on hold. Advisory groups are now testing for FDA approval the New Tiki Coconut Breast Implants. The coconut implants were newly developed by Dr. FlickOn_Tiki of California.

OUCH!

COME ON DOWN!
Clinical Trials begin this weekend!

Yes please send your Whahini's over to the Works Gallery where Dr. FlicKOn_Tiki will personally fit you for your new Coconut Implants complete with optional side burns.

Aloha
FlickOn_Tiki
The brest darn tiki doctor you ever had. :wink:

Pages: 1 13 replies