Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

1 Year Anniv. Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 4/30/05!!!

Pages: 1 31 replies

Come out and celebrate the one year anniversary of Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta on Saturday 4/30/05! We've got quite a lineup plus PBS is filming an entire segment on the event. This is your 15 minutes - don't miss it!

*James Teitelbaum and his Easter Island Slideshow
*King Kukulele
*Hula Halau Kapilialoha
*Tongo-hiti and special guests
*Dames A'Flame
*Trader Vic's Giveaways!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2005-04-07 06:17 ]

P
pablus posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2005 6:18 AM

I'll be there.
Hopefully dragging BK out of hiding.

Kava King? You down? I owe you a bowl or two.
I'll have a new camera with me and I'll get some shots of "them" getting shots.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Kiliki.
Wanna have breakfast together?

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2005 6:23 AM

I am hoping to make it. That King Kukulele is so dreamy... And last time he was there he about made me spew my Mai Tai! Just do not yawn in the front row...

Pablus - are you kidding? Of course I wanna have breakfast and I hope you don't mind that once again it will be at the Silver Skillet - where the biscuits and gravy are the tastiest!

You should try to make it to Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai next week!

K

I'll be there. Somebody tell Hanford to correct his calendar: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12675&forum=4&0

The Hilton is offerring a special rate to everyone coming in from out of town! Here's the details:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE : Tiki Torch Night at Trader Vic’s…

April 30th, 2005

`

I am pleased to announce that your members can now make reservations online for your event. Hilton.com makes it easy for a future guest to book their room and receive a confirmation number without ever having to pick up the phone. Please forward the following instructions to all of your potential guests to ensure they get a room reserved before the group cut-off date on: April 28 - this is an $89 room rate per night!

Step 1 - Go to http://www.atlanta.hilton.com

Step 2 - Click on "Book A Room"

Step 3 - After completing your travel dates & information, enter the following Group/Convention Code: ATT

Step 4 - Continue with the on screen instructions to confirm your reservation and receive a confirmation number.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Atlanta. We look forward to serving you!!!

Room reservations – Call 877-667-7210 and ask for the Tiki Torch Night – Group Code ATT.

Mahalo!
Marlies Vanderhout
General Manager Trader Vic's Atlanta
255 Courtland Street
Atlanta, Ga 30303

(404)221-6339

Hot Diggity!
We'd already made our reservations and thought we'd gotten a pretty good rate. This one is even better! Amazing... The Power of these Tiki Gods.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there - glad my persistence helped with the room rate. This should be an amazing event!

P

Kiliki,
I know the madhouse atmosphere of these Torch Nights and wondered if I needed to make a reservation to view JT's slide show?

I thought about that but made it early enough that I didn't think there would be a problem. I guess you're number one. I'll announce it on the site so that people can contact Vic's to do so. I'll reserve a seat in your name.

We made sure (I hope) to make our dinner reservations early enough to finish eating in time for the Slide Presentation. The girl that took our info was very excited about the event and jibbered and jabbered almost uncontrollably. I was quite impressed! They're obviously very excited about seeing all of us (and our money too, I guess?).

Vic - you must have spoken with LeeAnne. She's English.

The employees actually get very excited about Tiki Torch Nights. It's old hat to the staff there now and they have fun with it. You'll see me helpin' out during the night as I've grown very close to them and they work hard for the money!!

It will be nice to see you there!

KK

I'm looking forward to a "normal" weekend beginning with this event! Kiliki, Pablus and all- hope to see you there.
I'll begin my therapy with a MaiTai and see where it leads.

Kava King,

Lookin' forward to seeing you and the wahine!! I was gonna give you my usual reminder call this week.

Can't wait to see you!!

P

Bar opens at 5pm.
I made reservations for dinner at 6pm.

This is looking to be a good weekend all the way around.
A nice respite from the pain of the Kahiki Moon closing before I ever went there and the sorrow of missing another Oasis.

Plus, I'm picking up a very valuable treasure in Augusta on the way back home. More on that later.

Your Worship, King Kukulele, my heart is gladdened that you will not be subject to me driving you anywhere on Saturday - errrrr - Sunday AM. Your safety is of my upmost concern, Sire. (...until I have the 6th Mai Tai)

Aloha!!!

Pablus - be prepared to take the stage my man!!!

Can't wait to give ya a big hug!

C

Yay! I'll be there, too. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Dear Mr. Pablus,
Your driving was effective. I got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. No sweat there! I'm looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta and I hope we get a chance to play our ukes together. This will be my first time back in Atlanta since Hukilau 1 !! I love Atlanta and can't wait to see Trader Vic's, Tiki Torch Nights, and all the local BBQ joints. Ready or not Atlanta, Here I come!

Hope you get a chance to savor the ribs at "Rolling Bones" while you're in town, King! They are my new favorite stop for smoked swine. Get the sauce on the side- it's fine but sort of redundant when the food's this good.

I'm already here!! So excited!

Anyone who wants to join us for dinner tomorrow night please do! I've got a table reserved for 20 plus. Those that I have so far are Chip, Andy, Swanky, Pablus, James T., King K, Chad, Mike, Basement Kahuna, Shannon, Russell, David Piscola - etc.

Kava King - you in???

C

Kiliki -
I'd like to join you guys for dinner.
Chacha

Great doll - just ask for me when you get there or let them know you're with my party and they'll bring ya back.

All the ohana is welcome to join us!

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:08 ]

T

...most of these were taken within 5 minutes of each other, some time after 1 AM.

P
pablus posted on Thu, May 5, 2005 6:08 AM

Snorting pepper... or was it salt.
Mmmmmmmmm.

Had to have some input since the bar was jammed and Joel wouldn't mix me a night cap. Slacker. :wink:

I came back from the trek to the bar with a Navy Grog for Kava King and he and his lovely Queen had left during the wait. I'm still carrying it around hoping he'll show.

No one really got too plowed because we couldn't get enough booze into us with the 4000 people squished into the bar area.
What a successful event! Lots of fun except for the backup 30 miles south of ATL that put me 3 hours late. But I was glad to catch the last 15 minutes of JT's GIANT HEAD presentation. Cool stuff.

Enjoyed the next day - a beautiful sunny day tooling around Buckhead with King Kukulele for several hours before heading north to the new Hapa Haole Hideaway.

KK

Had a drink for me eh?...That's the LAST time I listen to the wahine when she says it's "time to leave". What a killjoy! I mean, just because Key (longtime friend and kitchen manager) and Joel were giving us the hairy eyeball and making rude "towards the door" gestures...
Thanks for the effort anyway and I'm sorry we didn't get to say our final Alohas to you and other friends, but we did have a very, very good time (and thanks to the stalwart photogs for the pix). One thing is certain: NEXT TIME, I'M BRINGING A FLASK. Cheers!

K

Wow... great pics!

Sure wish we could have been there for the festivities. I wonder if TV's made any money that night?

:>)

Great for the bar to make the dough, but tough on the customers when you're trying to get to the bar to get drink!

S
Swanky posted on Thu, May 5, 2005 9:51 AM

Absolutely the most people ever in Trader Vic's Atlanta. A madhouse. TTN is getting too big for Trader Vic's. I think it'll have to be moved... :wink:

DAMN, Kava Queen!!

Where did you GET that PURSE?!?!

(Good thing I wasn't there that night - it just mighta "walked"...)

KK

Formica, look for photos of the Queen's Moai-inspired handbag very soon in the Creating Tiki forum.
Long story short- she diddit.

[ Edited by: Kava King on 2005-05-05 20:05 ]

If I remember correctly (and I might not, considering that I got to the bar a few times before the crowd arrived), my wife's first question to Kava Queen was "Where'd you get that purse?" It was quite lovely! As was the entire event! And, of course, as were all the people there!

Thanks, Kiliki!

C
Chacha posted on Mon, May 9, 2005 2:34 PM

Thanks, Kiliki, for such a wonderful event. It was great meeting some folks face to face. It was a fantastic party! Can't wait for the next one.

Pages: 1 31 replies