Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Drive for Macs & PC's

Pages: 1 11 replies

Not sure if this qualifies as a 'Collecting Tiki' post but you can now buy an external drive in the form of a Tiki!

"TikiMac today unveiled the Big Tiki Drive, the world's first hi-speed USB compatible storage device in the form of a big, grinning Tiki idol, complete with hypnotic glowing eyes and a blinking "aura", for Macintosh and Windows PC-compatible computers and starting at $59"

Pretty cool, huh?

Trader Woody

M
M

Not to duplicate threads further, but Rebecca has one and it's sweet. The light effect in the eyes isn't as good as you would hope, but it's plenty cool.

I just bought one yesterday! I've been wanting one of these for a few months now.

Whoops, I thought it was new as it came up today as a news item on Google. Ah well, Tiki Central goes too fast for us old folks these days....

Trader Woody

Pretty cool! I just bought a new Mac G4 Powerbook, 17" screen. This little accessory will go great with it.

tj

C

I was going to put one of these on my Christmas list so I could start putting all my mp3 on one external drive. I thought this would be pretty cool for the job, but it looks like the company went south. I get a "Gone Surfing" message on their homepage.
Anybody know where they are still selling these? Think Geek is out of stock too which also leads me to believe the company croaked. Any other suggestions for mp3 libraries? Remember, I am a dang ol Mac dog, don't feed me no PC chow.

Cheers,
Chongolio

L

Chongolio, I have a Wolverine 40G external drive for my ipod library. I don't know if it compatible for Mac, though.

T

Hey Chongo, I thought about getting one of these a while ago and when I researched it, they were about twice the cost of a comparably sized drive. Just get yourself a Maxtor drive and be done with it - 100mb for $90. If it absolutely must be tiki, bust out the paints and bamboo-ify it.

On 2005-12-06 07:53, Chongolio wrote:
I was going to put one of these on my Christmas list so I could start putting all my mp3 on one external drive. I thought this would be pretty cool for the job, but it looks like the company went south. I get a "Gone Surfing" message on their homepage.
Anybody know where they are still selling these? Think Geek is out of stock too which also leads me to believe the company croaked. Any other suggestions for mp3 libraries? Remember, I am a dang ol Mac dog, don't feed me no PC chow.

Cheers,
Chongolio

G-Technology are great for Macs. A place I freelance had used other drives but they would not let me copy files or retrieve them. They got one of these and we haven't had any problems.

C

Thanks for the info guys, I have an external Lacie now and that thing has always been loud. I swear you think the thing is going to start flying around the room.
Tikibot_- like the bambooify idea. I have actually started thinking about an ipod tiki dock that hangs on the wall.

Happy Holidaze,
Chongolio

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-10-02 13:18 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies