Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Big Lots Spring/Summer Tiki stuff

Pages: 1 14 replies

Went to my Big Lots today they were just starting to set up the tiki and Hawaiian stuff.

They didn't have much out but I looked at the shelf set-up guide they had and it looks like it's going to be mostly dishware. Lots of glasses and plates.

Of the cooler stuff they had were 4 different color large tiki mugs. Those were $3.99 each and a large tiki drink pitcher for $3.99. The pitchers came in green and brown AND...they were wearing colorful sunglasses and flowers behind their ears...uhhh handle.

I believe they are going to have a smaller version of the three stacked tikis (ala the Disney tikis). The sheet I looked at showed them on a lower shelf with maybe 36 inches of head room.

This here be one of the 4 colored Tiki Mugs at Big Lots. There was also blue, red and (I think) yellow. They stand about 8 inches tall and 4 inches across at the top.

The pitcher is about 9 1/2 inches tall.

The tiki thing sticking out of the mug is a wooden yard pick. At least I think that's what they called it. They are all wooden and stand pretty tall. In a case there are about 3 designs. One is a hula girl and I can't remember what the other one was. As far as I could tell it was a new case they had open and I only saw one tiki in the whole case.

can you take the sunglasses off?

On 2005-04-08 17:56, Tikiwahine wrote:
can you take the sunglasses off?

Nope.Those are ceramic and attached as is the flower on the handle.

This pitcher is really more decorative than practical.

A

I've just picked up the four tiki mugs at Big Lots. They're not too shabby, except for the orange-colored one is a bit too lysergic (Thank God the Acid Lab is open!).

The other colors, cobalt blue, brick red, and seafoam are pretty cool.

And, for $3.99 each, not a bad deal.

P.S. Big Lots also has some fake floating tropical flowers for $.99, too!

S

You guys didn't get the best thing! Martiki rip offs! They have 4 packs of plastic Martikis in four colors! Get them now! I got a planter too.

I just went to the one near my house and there was no tiki yet. Should be soon I hope, the weather's finally taken a turn for the better.

On 2005-04-10 06:39, Swanky wrote:
You guys didn't get the best thing! Martiki rip offs! They have 4 packs of plastic Martikis in four colors! Get them now! I got a planter too.

I was almost tempted to buy the faux Martiki, but I may break down later and buy them. I plan to buy the planters, too!

B

The one near me also had big tiki stake lights. C7 xmas bulbs in 5.5" tiki heads that you steak into the ground to light up a pathway. Only 5 on a string, and no way to string more than one together (without some wire splicing, or using a different string of C7s). Pretty cool regardless. Will post pics if anyone wants.

http://bargoyle.yafro.com/

S

If anyone's interested, the Glendale (or Montrose?...Ocean View and Foothill) Big Lots has their stuff in. A couple of things not mentioned...a tiki plant pot (has the widened tiki face similar to last years big pitcher that makes it look like a frog), a 20 buck 6 foot faux grass umbrella, and a ...not a boogie board, but the thing you throw at the water and run and hop on... in wood with a big tiki face painted on it.

Went into our Big Lots today to see if everything was out. It is. I picked up this tiki for $8.

It's sitting next to the crock that sits on the bar in Outback Steak Houses to give you an idea how tall it is. Maybe 18 inches.

8T

Thought I would post a pic of what I did with the Big Lots "tiki" planter we bought. I just knew that a jade plant would look good in that thing. Cost about $10 for a good sized plant and it has been outside all summer.

MAN, 8Ft, that jade plane looks GREAT in there! And so HAPPY!
Mind if I copy your idea? (A long trip killed the Hawaiian schaeffelera (sp?) I'd had in my Big Lots planter.)

8T

Sure you can, I think the plant really helps the planter look better. That seems kind of backwards because you usually get a nice planter to help a plant look better.
Anyway, Go for it & Enjoy.

Now that summer is long gone you can find some huge discounts on the remain tiki items, I paid $.50 for 4 shot glasses and although the mugs and hideous tiki with sunglasses were gone everything else was under $1.25. It's never too late to stock up for next year and you can't have too many inflatable coolers

Pages: 1 14 replies