Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Cheekytiki's "The Haole Hut"

Pages: 1 13 replies

Here's some pics of our almost comleted showroom, still some bits to do and now to build the A-frame facade for the building entrance.
Thanks to Tikiwahine for the name

I like your bamboo and thatch work; especially the big pieces of boo. The tapa's a good touch as well. Nice work.

Gorgeous! And I love your bamboo furniture! Screw rattan, go boo! A few bamboo stools like that in front of the bar? Beauty! Did you make them?

Nice all around, but oddly enough, I'd really like to see a close up of that big tiki's head.

J

Hey Cheeky when I'm in London near the end of May will I be able to check this out! That is insane! Screw the Tower of London, I want to hang out there!!!

Are those baskets full of Puffer Fish? Are they lamps or just potential lamps?

Simply gorgeous. I hope I can even come close to this when I do mine. Where did you get those terrific chairs?

B

Cheeky, this place looks GREAT, like a tropical island abode. You can come do my shack any time you want...

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I'm glad you all like it.Should have more pics soon which show the whole thing.
The bamboo furniture we had imported, and have available on our website, we also have bar stools and dining sets coming in the same style.
Yep, those are baskets full of puffers, we've made some into lamps and waiting for some big ones to arrive.
Johntiki, look forward to having you over, we should be around then just before we set off on our next BIG project, but more about that later.

P

Posh and elegant and still very rustic.
Quite impressive.

That's a right fine hideout, cheekytiki. Great taste and craftsmanship with the decor too.

Excellent showroom Cheeky, if only all furniture stores could be like this and not like the ones I seem to get dragged round on a bank holiday or rainy Sunday afternoon. All the best

B

If I had a hideout like that, I would never leave! It's so cozy and fascinating! You really did a great job all the way around. I love the fabric on the wall. Great setup!

Thanks for sharing the photos.

T

OLd school cool. Look at that basket of puffer fish. Everything seems to fit together there. No Spener's Gifts that I could see.

I think now we need to see the super space age modern tiki room. Stain-less steel walls with flatscreens and a tiki to the ceiling.

Pages: 1 13 replies