Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anyone out there from Las Vegas?

Pages: 1 7 replies

P

I'm fairly new to this page. I'm trying to gauge whether there is any interest in Las Vegas in forming a Tiki related group out here to meet and discuss related topics or take trips to tiki related places. I would be interested in hearing the opinions or suggestions of anyone in this forum from Las Vegas. Given the demise of the Venus bar, it would be interesting in knowing if Tiki can return to Las Vegas.

PI

I'm not from Vegas, but I was wondering about Taboo Cove and Venus bar. We're thinking of heading out to Vegas later in the year and liked both places. What's the story on those?

Hula Hula
TikiPugs

T

On 2005-04-11 05:42, Pomaika i wrote:
I'm not from Vegas, but I was wondering about Taboo Cove and Venus bar. We're thinking of heading out to Vegas later in the year and liked both places. What's the story on those?

Requiescat in pace

PI

Damn. I totally missed those posts. I'm glad that I at least got to go once.

Thanks for the info.

as i have already mentioned on the lotta living forum - i'll be there .

i would love to show up but have to work.wish they had a trader vics in vegas.the one tiki bar at the mirage is decent looking but the drinks lack.the music i saw there last time was really sorry classic rock band doing yes and savivor covers.with a couple good drinks the music would be so bad it would be good.lots of folks singing along with hands upraised.

Sorry for the last minute notice, but the first meeting of a new Las Vegas Modern Committee... that is people who are into cool old Vegas history, tiki stuff and Mid Century Modern architecture.... is tonight, Friday.

Info is here:
http://www.mondo-vegas.com/modcom.php

if you miss it - keep up to date with the next meeting at the Message Board:
http://www.lottaliving.com/bb

(sorry for the spammy double posting - i also replied to the events thread)

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2005-04-22 05:50 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies