Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: The Pearl of Wisdom

Pages: 1 2 replies

I created this one a long time ago and figured it was time to share it.

Served in a tall pilsner glass.

1 oz. Dry, white sake
1 oz. Cherry brandy
1 oz. Gin
2 oz. Sweet and sour mix
Squeeze from half a lime(I don't try to get too much, just enough to make it tart and add some pulp)
Splash of club soda

Place a marichino cherry (the pearl) in the bottom of the glass and cover with a couple of inches of crushed ice.

Shake all ingredients except club soda with ice and strain into the prepaired glass. Add the splash of club soda.

Garnish with a lime wheel and a pair of chop sticks. Finally place a fortune cookie on the rim of the glass.

The idea here is to retrieve the "pearl" with the chop sticks then learn your fortune from the cookie.

Please try this one and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

The tiki in the forground is a pendant I'm carving for Polynesiac. It's in progress for sure.

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-04-12 05:41 ]

K
Kono posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 6:22 PM

Very good drink! Slightly dry, slightly sweet, slightly tart. I think it would be safe to call it "complex." Yum. I didn't do the garnish stuff, except for the cherry. What about a "pearl" onion in place of the cherry? Great drink, thanks for the recipe!

Thank you, it's one of my favorites and it always impresses guests. I thought about using a pearl onion instead, but the idea of an onion in the bottom of a drink grossed out my wife so much I never even tried it! I'll have to buy some and try.
Thanks agin.

Pages: 1 2 replies