Tiki Central / General Tiki

U-M Student Beats Man With Tiki Torch

Pages: 1 7 replies

K

Police: U-M Student Beats Man With Tiki Torch
Officers Tackle, Arrest Man

POSTED: 11:46 am EDT April 11, 2005
UPDATED: 12:00 pm EDT April 11, 2005

A 19-year-old student at the University of Michigan was arrested early Saturday after allegedly attempting to flee on foot from police.

Officers were in the 1600 block of Washtenaw Avenue at about 1:25 a.m. when they saw two men arguing. The 19-year-old then pushed the other man to the ground and struck him several times with a tiki torch, police told The Ann Arbor News.

Police told the paper that when officers approached the 19-year-old, he ran off and jumped a fence.

Officers located the man after hearing him talking on a cell phone. He attempted to flee again, but was tackled and arrested, police told the paper.

The man was taken into custody on a charge of resisting arrest.

No injuries were reported in the attack or chase.

Copyright 2005 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What a hot head!

and you thought tiki torches only had one use.

-Z

I hope the tiki torch is O.K..........

J

You gotta hand it to the assailant... at least he picked a tiki appropriate weapon! I'll bet he's probably a TC member just looking for some attention! Next time maybe he'll whack someone with a 2 foot Ku or stab somebody with a broken tiki mug... now that would be sweet!

T

I live in Ann Arobor and I just a house from Washtenaw Ave. And I was just looking to pick up some tiki touches. And no that wasn't me. :)

K

On 2005-04-12 10:01, teaKEY wrote:
I was just looking to pick up some tiki touches.

Me too bro, me too.

Ahu

I wonder whether it was lit at the time of the incident. Being assaulted with a flamming tiki torch seems much more dangerous. I think this would elevate the charge to aggrevated tiki assault, rather than an ordinary tiki assault.
Are there any cops or lawyers in the house?

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-04-12 10:33 ]

Sounds like the type of guy I wish I were hanging out with!

Pages: 1 7 replies