Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kona Lanes Tiki Night

Pages: 1 24 replies

I called Kona Lanes to ask when they're closing up for good, the answer was "not this year" which could mean next January.

Anyway, I would like to set up a TC Bowling night, with drinks and pu pu's at my hut first. (Children are optional equipment).

But first I'd like to get a count of who's interested.

Date: Saturday November 16th
Time: my hut in HB around 6:00

Post if you're interested.

Me interested. Me like kegeln (bowling). Me like the jetting outriggers of the Kona Lanes.

A

I'm in
Al

Can't go wrong with Bong. But do we have to bowl and share shoes?

I'll throw a few coconuts down the lane. We just have to school the bartender on how to make a good drink. Looking forward to seeing Bongs digs. out, Wes

So messy,
remember our name did we.
HEY HEY HEY,Bongo
the Baxdog is in
bring on the hardwood
but bring a bucket of your own if you want a good drink

Baxdog,

I am at a lessor evolution than you. I, at this point, cannot decipher your scribe. My head only turns to the side at your wonders.

S

Bong Go?
Me In!
Tina Too!
Wanna See
Your Hut.
And Drink
Outta Coconut.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

Kona lanes, eh?
Trader Pup go too!
Me no bowl
But Trader Pup eat pupu!

Bong have cool hut
Bong have cool wahine
Pup bring appeTiki?
And wear his bowling pin lei?

:tiki:

Trader Pup

visit Traderpup.com

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-10-22 16:40 ]

Chikitiki,

No share shoes, only balls.

Tiki_Bong!

This SugarCaddyDaddy & his SugarMama are in! One thought that might make a fun addition...

Can we get Kona Lanes to add colored pins to our lanes so that when the 'headpin' comes up colored and you bowl a STRIKE, we can give a prize to the person? I've got a couple of extra Tiki, Tiki-related, and Bowling items that can be put into a "kitty" for prizes. Anyone else have a couple of extra tiki/bamboo/surf/lounge/bowling items to add?

SugarCaddyDaddy

Sugarcaddydaddy,

I like your idea! Do they have such colored pin additions? If not we'll come up with our own contests. I have some duplicate mugs and tikis I can throw into the pot-O-prizes. Anyone else?

I've reserved 5 lanes so far. If we need more, we'll get 'em; if they have no more lanes - we'll take 'em by force. Who's gonna f*&$ with a bunch of men in lava lava's?

Oh yeah, pu pu's at my hut will include those big-ass baked-potato-sized egg rolls from Li's like we had on the OC Tiki Crawl.

I'll bring a couple of things as prizes too.

Those egg rolls at Li's were really good, too. I think Al and Shelly should go into the lava lava business.

Popster is in.

DZ

Z-Girl and myself will definitely be there!

I can't bowl to save my life (and would be dismayed to find myself in a situation where I had to...), but where else but a bowling alley can you drink, scream, yell all you want and throw heavy things around in a public place yet still 'blend in'? Besides, nothing makes quite the same fashion statement as an aloha shirt and those 'oh-so-attractive' shoes...

While I really need to make a pilgrimage to the fabled third point of the So. Cal. "Holy Trinity" (after AlnShely's & Baxdog's), 6 is a mite on the early side - what time will all be heading over to the lanes from Bong's?

Doctor Z (and interest parties),

I reserved the lanes for 8:00 pm. I'll post destructions to my hut in a week or two.

Food and drink will be from 6:00 (OK, I'm starting at 8:00 am) till 7:45 or so.

Feel free (or pay (?)) to stop by anytime.

Has anyone given any thought to some mobile bar out in the parking lot?

On 2002-10-24 08:59, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Has anyone given any thought to some mobile bar out in the parking lot?

Uggggh! Ok, next on the big purchase list: "The Rum Runner".

SCD , that is one way cool Airstream. As soon as I sell my tiki trailer, I'm going to weld me up a tiki teardrop trailer.

T

Hey guys!

Cool trailer. Has anyone seen the totaly bamboo-ed out trailer that some guy has outfitted. I'm not talking just a few accent pieces, but full-on, totaly covered inside and out with bamboo. I saw this out at DaCruz show a couple of years ago. Way cool.

Hope to be out of the volcano by the 16th for the Bong-a-Thong at the Kona Lanes. LittleSusan and I will have to pass on the swinging of large heavy objects with our wussie shoulders but lifting mugs and pu pus be good.

Trustar

Trustar,
yes, I have pics of that trailer 9inside and out0. I'll see if I can dig them up and post them. It was at Da Show 2001 if I'm recall correctly.

Hey Popster, you're right, that dude had his trailer at Da Show in '01 and he was at the '02 show (sans trailer). I asked him if he sold it at the '01 show - no.

T

That set-up was very slick. Don't know how it would have done on the road and weather but was definately a choice bit of work. Pop, hope you can find some of the pics. I think this group would love to see it. Now that would make the ultimate TC party ride!

Trustar

Bongs? Li's egg rolls? Bowl? Hmmmmmm.

Me and Lady Velour will try to make it. We'll be driving in from Arizona that day.

Pages: 1 24 replies