Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hanford's belated Tiki Crawl V Thanks

Pages: 1 1 replies

Well it’s been over a week and I’m finally getting around to this … sorry to all that it took so long. This year’s Tiki Crawl was a smashing success; I believe it was the best one ever! The Tiki Bar Crawl is Tiki Central’s only official event and I want to thank everyone who attended and helped out:

Attendees: I can’t thank you all individually but obviously it’s the people who attend that make it all worth while. It’s really great to see people from all over the world converging in San Francisco for this event, and I always enjoy meeting TC members for the first time. Thanks to all of you.

Bands: I want to thanks Project Pimento, The Mai Kai Gents, and APE for giving us great performances. Especially APE, who really helped us out. I want to remind everyone of their amazing CD and souvenirs available on the Ape Sh!t site. Please support them.

Sponsors: When I posted the request for donations I was expecting to hear back from a few vendors, but the Tiki Central ohana outdid all my expectations. I never fathomed we’d get contributions from individual members. To everyone who donated, thanks a ton! We are by no-means done with the promotion of our sponsors. Please check them out on the Sponsors page.

Organizers: Martin & Rebecca, Mig, and myself put this year’s crawl together. I helped out where I could (mostly here on TC), and Mig always works miracles for the event, but the real rock star producers are Martin & Rebecca. They really take the event by the reins and run the show. Without them the Crawl would simply not be what it is today. They put so much time into it and always outdo themselves. They are the best.

I'm sure I'm forgetting people ... I blame it on the rum.

In summary, the Crawl is one of my favorite things about Tiki Central and it blows me away year after year when I see what a one-time little Yahoo Group can achieve. I can't wait for next year's crawl! Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-04-12 14:34 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-04-12 17:22 ]

M

"we love you, man!" :)

Pages: 1 1 replies