Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Launch Party for Tiki Magazine at Lucky Tiki This Friday

Pages: 1 23 replies

N

A launch party for the 1st issue of Tiki Magazine will be held this Friday, April 15th from 7-11pm at the Lucky Tiki. The magazine will be available for purchase. Sven Kirsten, who wrote the foreword to the issue, and Jeff "Beachbum" Berry who wrote the Featured Cocktail will be there and available to sign copies. We hope to see as many TCers as possible.

Nick

The flights out of NY are booked, so I won't be able to attend. I will, however, have some lovely ladies over and toast Tiki Mag with a few mojitos (these will include my wahine, my good buddy and his wahine).
And I've sent my check in for a subscription, which, I figure, I've got a much better chance of receiving the issues than the back issues of Tiki News I paid for over a year ago!

How do I get a subscription to the magazine?

N

To get a subscription go to http://www.tikimag.net and click subscribe. You can pay through PayPal with a credit card or send a check to the address listed.

"MEAN GENE" aka "Gene of the Jungle" aka "Wierd Uncle Gene" will be in the house!

Yippeee! Long Live Tiki Magazine!!!

PI

Can't go, but just signed up for a subscription :wink:

Anyone from San Diego or South Orange County (San Clemente) want to ride share?

Nick, Can I video tape your magazine release? Is the Lucky Tiki cool with me taping it?

Oh and by the way.... Congrats.

MG

Monkeyman,
You should have been with us a few minutes ago at the Bali Hai.

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2005-04-13 21:08 ]

J

I'll be there.
Not that I know any of you... but perhaps that will change.

I just finished looking through the whole magazine and it is a FANTASTIC magazine! It's laid out well, and this will be a definite collectors item, and a must-have for the Tiki Library!

Don't mess around with just buying one magazine, BUY A SUBSCRIPTION!!

Just like my ol' favorite western says, "I'm roundin' up the troops and comin' at ya hard & fast..."

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:26 ]

MG

YO SCD YA GUYS COMMING?

I'm going to swing by at the early part of the evening to pick up my copy. And if anyone would like me to sign the "Dear Cherry" column, I'll have my red sharpie handy!

I,ll be there, good time for a drink too.

I've been so out of it. I feel like a dope, but where is the Lucky Tiki located?

H

15420 Chatsworth Street, Mission Hills, very close to the corner of Sepulveda and Chatsworth. See you there...

P

On 2005-04-15 18:13, CheekyGirl wrote:
I've been so out of it. I feel like a dope, but where is the Lucky Tiki located?

San Fernando Valley, Mission Hills, on the South side of Chatsworth just west of Sepulveda (almost on the corner), in a strip mall between the liquor store and a donut shop. The actual address is probably in Locating Tiki.

From the 118 exit at Sepulveda, go south and turn right on Chatsworth. From the 405 exit at Devonshire and go East, Left on Sepulveda, left again on Chatsworth.

K

The Tiki Magazine Kickoff Party was a great gathering with many of the Magazine's contributors there to sign First Issue Copies.

Only a couple of pictures worthy to post. An all I want to know is why I took so many pictures of my feet (not posted)

Left to Right ookoolady, Mean Gene the Falling Coco's Machine, the Fabulous Miss Cherri Capri, Tyger Jimmy, the man only known as Dan.

Cherri Capri and Publisher/Editor Nick Camara

K

looks like i missed out...but i had to swing by a Juxtapoz party and hobnob with a bunch of artist types...besides...i know myself...the 405 and 118 is a HELL of a trek after a couple of exotic libations and it's a better idea for me to lay way low and keep my short mildly buzzed jaunts on the road as limited as possible...i hope you guys had fun...looks to be the case from the pix...

H

LOVE THE MAGAZINE!!!! BORED TODAY. ANY EVENTS AROUND?

H

Lucky Tiki tonight....DJLee is in the house....

The Lucky Tiki is in my neck of the woods, couldn't make it, but will hafta stop in soon.

When do the people who subscibed a long time ago get their copies of the first Tiki Mag?! Can't wait!

Deery Luau

N

Tiki Magazine was mailed out today from San Diego to all subscribers and advertisers. I hope everybody likes it.

Nick

Pages: 1 23 replies