Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Vintage Place Mats... Anyone with Info?

Pages: 1 6 replies

My brother found these paper place mats for me at a thrift store. Does anyone know of where these were possibly used at? They are dated 1963 and has an artists name and manufacturer on them. He lucked out and found 2 packages of them with roughly 25 or so in each and he paid an amazing $0.50 for all of them. We laminated a few so that we can use them as Cleanable place Mats. If you have any info on these, please let me know.

You might want to contact the manufacturer:

Paradise Products, Inc.
PO Box 568
El Cerrito CA

510-524-8300

I'm pretty sure those were manufactured for the general public, (which doesn't mean they weren't used at a number of tiki restaurants, but not specifically). A similar pattern is still produced today.

Sabu

I believe I've seen that pattern on napkins @ OA.

Thought those looked familiar...you can buy them at the Bosko/Trader Dutch site:
http://www.tikibosko.com/luau.htm

J

Even if these aren't vintage - for $.50 you can't go wrong! Wish I had found them!

I was at Oceanic Arts this weekend picking up some 1/2 Rounds and Rattan. I saw the same Place mats as the ones I found. The only difference I noticed is that the ones at OA did not have the Artists name printed on them.

Pages: 1 6 replies