Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio at Purple Orchid April 30th

Pages: 1 21 replies

Yes, it's true, Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio will make a pre-Oasis appearance at the Purple Orchid Saturday, April 30th.

Last year they BLEW THE ROOF OFF! I'm sure this year will top that.

Show starts at 10pm, $5 cover. I recommend you come early.

H

Well, how early is early????

D

I've never been to the Purple Orchid yet, this sounds funnnnn!

Damn. I would be there, can't make it.

Can't wait to see the Fisherman at the Oasis.

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:36 ]

It'll be a great show... not to mention the Record Release Party for our newest album "Psychic Jungle Malfunction" (Tikijive) !!
I sent Dave at The Orchid an advanced copy... I'm sure if you pulled his leg he'd give you a sneak peak! We'll also have many other fabulous surprises...

-- Cheekygirl, if you can't make it to the Orchid show, we've got plenty of other special nights that week at other places in the area; though none are comparable to the Purple Orchid! Check out this thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13888&forum=4&16
for our complete SoCal tour schedule. We hope that you can make it out; and we'll certainly see ya' at the oasis!!!

can't wait,
--tikidrummer

http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

Right on, just checked your link, hum...maybe GiantRobotTiki and I can make it to the 5/3 show at the Lava Lounge. I'll check, he's a musician/drummer too. Gees, followed by Wed. at the Tiki Ti....that's sounds like a pretty good lead up to the Oasis!

T

Aloha Gang!

I will be getting into LA on Friday, April 29th and this sounds like a great way to meet and greet before the Oasis.

I will be staying in Pasadena so if anybody wants to meet up a little earlier we could hit a tiki bar or two before Orchid.

Trader Vic's, Tiki Ti's, etc. - I am up for anything.

After that weekend, I will be spending Sunday thru Tuesday visiting Al and Shelley.

TB

On 2005-04-14 21:47, tikibob wrote:
I will be staying in Pasadena so if anybody wants to meet up a little earlier we could hit a tiki bar or two before Orchid.

Trader Vic's, Tiki Ti's, etc. - I am up for anything.

Bahooka?

On 2005-04-14 21:47, tikibob wrote:
After that weekend, I will be spending Sunday thru Tuesday visiting Al and Shelley.

TB

Any San Diego Tiki bar visits planned? Bali Hai, Mr. Tiki?

T

Bahooka sounds really good - I don't think I have been there in about 6 years.

Not sure if we will do the S.D. tiki bars this time or not. Lot depends on Al and Shelley and what they want to do.

Oh, I also like to go to the Dresden Room when in town so I will be swinging in there one night.

TB

[ Edited by: tikibob on 2005-04-15 11:36 ]

Utopiandreem & i will be there on the 30th!

TBird.

DZ

Oh yeah! A no brainer - we are soooo there!

I am really looking forward to seeing the Fisherman Trio again - it's been waaaaay too long, and I don't doubt for a second that they're gonna just destroy the PO like last time. (When are you guys gonna just pack it up and move out here?) "Psychic Jungle Malfunction" - love the title and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

What a great way to kick off the "Oasis Week" right!

(It's getting hot in heeeeeeerrre...:music:)

Not only will Fisherman play, but the Damn Right Darlings will dance burlesque! We are going to kickoff Tiki Oasis week with a bang! Get there early, we're going to be packed.

Eric of Fisherman tells me that I am the only person on the west coast other than press to have a copy of their new CD. I have listened to it and the tiki gods are pleased!

I'll be there! I'm really looking forward to this show, if it's half as fun as last year's, it'll still be unbelievable. Can't wait to see Fisherman again, it's been far too long!

Anybody tell me how far it is to the purple Orchid from Huntington Beach, would it be an expensive Cab ride?

T

Cheeki

Will cost about the same as your ticket out here from UK.

T

DZ

On 2005-04-28 10:03, cheekytiki wrote:
Anybody tell me how far it is to the purple Orchid from Huntington Beach, would it be an expensive Cab ride?

On 2005-04-28 10:10, trustar wrote:
Cheeki

Will cost about the same as your ticket out here from UK.

T

But worth every penny, especially when the Fisherman Trio is in the house!

Cheeki - look into a car service which has good rates for long distances. Ask at your hotel (where are you staying in HB?) A town car service is the way to go if you want to come up to the Purple Orchid. Less expensive than a cab.

The day is finally here! See you tonight!

I'll be there....AND it's my birthday!!!

K

Awesome show last night!!! I really love the CD too (zombie's cover is an instant classic!)
Show hilights were 'She Said She Said' on vibes!
Thanks to Dave, Rebecca, Fisherman, & everybody for a great party. Of course, I've discovered yet again that Rum is not my friend. Drink a couple of scorpion bowls by yourself & you'll see what I mean. My poor liver.

What a great night! This was our first time at the Purple Orchid, and we were truly impressed with the decor and atmosphere. We showed up just as Dr.Z, Dolphin Tiki, TikiBird, Utopian Dream, Lady Velour and Johnny Velour were sitting down to a fabulous feast being served from the restaurant next door. Wersmo Derinc and Rebecca (the extraordinary proprietors of the Purple Orchid) served excellent drinks and made everyone feel at home. (Wersmo Derinc also kicked off a new fashion craze with his fez and pasties.) Atomic Cocktail, VintageGirl, Humuhumu, Hanford, PiPhiRo, and probably other Tikicentralites were in attendance, along with a crowd of regular Purple Orchid customers and Fisherman fans. The Fisherman put on a great show. I never saw the burlesque dancers, because everytime they started dancing, all the guys stood up to watch, and blocked the view from us poor ladies sitting down! Oh well. Krustiki has all the pictures.

Pages: 1 21 replies