Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

zip

Pages: 1 43 replies

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:45 ]

Those look great. Should be a great item to get. Only 5 , I see some competition developing to get one.

Thanks for sharing.

MM,

Those are amazing. Beautiful work. I'm looking forward to buying some of your wares at Oasis. See ya soon buddy.

T

first, you make amazing picture frames that anyone would be proud to show off, then you go and make these awesome ottomans!! truly great work monkeyman!! keep it up!!

Derek,

That's a great idea! A functional and stylish way to store all that crap one accumulates.

MG

DUDE!... Those are SO RAD!!!
Can't wait to see all your stuff at Tiki Oasis.

wE mAY HaVE tO Do biDnESs!

H

On 2005-04-17 19:25, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
A functional and stylish way to store all that crap one accumulates.

Here's how I store my accumulated crap:

BTW Derek, those ottomans are amazing!

Monkeyman-
I think all of your work Kicks Ass!! You amaze me!! I like your frames and now this!!! Keep up the good work!!1 and thanx for posting!!!
Later,
Spermy

S

Derek-
Those look great, I am sure they will disappear at oasis.

On 2005-04-17 21:06, Hakalugi wrote:
Here's how I store my accumulated crap:

Well, here's where I put mine:

T

On 2005-04-18 11:11, sirginn wrote:
...I am sure they will disappear at oasis.

Hopefully via legal purchasing....

Top notch work! Those tikis are silky smooth!

Your dedication and time for each piece really shows... Less Quantity=More Quality when it comes to handcrafted pieces of art like these!

Good luck at Oasis!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:46 ]

M
Moki posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 10:30 PM

OH MY !!!! What an amazing job. Can't wait to see these in person. Someone is going to be very lucky to have one of these.

Oh Yeah!

B

Super nice Monkeyman. Definately high quality art. Your tiki carvings are really kicking ass!

CA

this guy must have a day job......

you da Crazy One!!!
NICE WORK!!

CA

nice...................

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2005-04-26 11:08 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:46 ]

Great work Monkeyman. so when can we expect the matching tiki sofa and lounger?

T

Very nice MM. Just what I needed, another reason to feel bad that I am no where near this fine West Coast art.

B

Super Nice Monkeyman. MonkeyMan ROCKS..

Again these are awesome - as is all your stuff!

Keep it up! Derek

B

Great job Monkeyman! The amount of work & detail is amazing.......hopefully someone will appreciate this art.....at those prices it must be about $3.25 per hour for you. They must have taken tons of time + materials cost......

M

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:47 ]

T

that bamboo bondo looks like the real deal. I like the monkey logo inside. Good attention to detail.

T

bigbro is going to have to do another Book of Tiki for all the modern tiki art that are popping up in the last few years alone. It would help all the now artist.

Great work MM. I've been looking for a cool ottoman, but I guess I will have to wait for your Eastcoast tour. And yeah, the MM logo inside is sweet.

M

M

MM,

What about "Bamboo2U"?

T

what would be the profit on one of these things if they did sell. High or LOw. If you break even, money for time that you expect then that is still good. Hopefully you enjoyed making them. (Most people have to pay out of pocket for enjoyment). And then there will be a good monkey product out there for other people to enjoy. I would make tiki stuff just to break even.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:48 ]

G
GECKO posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 4:36 PM

Dat's da wun! good job MM! ho, dat would be a wun nice addition.

T

you are still probably the best frame maker out there, tiki or not. Certainly creately speaking.

You certainly gave a detailed break down and actually when people see how much work you put into your items it can only help. I think people just weren't looking for a product such as your and you can't blame them cause you basically created the first ones.

R

MM-
Those ottomans are great. I saw them at Oasis and was in awe at the detail and quality of work that is obviously evident in them. They are so unique; you are an excellent carver and craftsman. I would love to buy one, but just think it would get ruined in the only place I can think of putting one. If I can think of someplace else, I'll let you know.

Anyway, don't let it get you down. Keep carving and doing unique things. The un-artistic people, like myself, love seeing what the people with the skills can do.

K
kirby posted on Thu, May 26, 2005 4:04 PM

hey monkeyman when you gonna put sum of your frames on ebay i need a few.. good luck on the ottomans...kirby

My frames dont go on ebay.

I make them as they are ordered. There arent ever "extra" frames to be listed for sale.

Custom only. If one of my customers chose to list their own frame then that would be different.

Keep in mind that you can only look at a picture. You cant put your feet on it, sit on it, or store stuff in it. Only look at it. Whereas with an ottoman you can do all 4 things. Sit, Rest, Store, and Look.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-05-26 16:27 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:49 ]

On 2005-06-15 11:40, Monkeyman wrote:
How about $275 ?

Bump-

I'll give you a C Note if I can sacrifice it at the H.B. Beach Bong Burn this year.

Mothra 2 might just live!!!

a trade?

Pages: 1 43 replies