Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New guy with a ?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Happened upon this site a few weeks ago, decided to join up. I'm in the process of building a bar in my basement, my question deals with bar top. I'd like to stay away from wood, is a solid color ceramic tile, dark blue, taboo??? Any other options that won't break the bank? thanks for the time

ChevyPete

A solid ceramic bar top could work out very well. But it's your bar, so do it up chevypete-style. If one of your friends complains, take away his swizzle stick and bounce him.

Now all you have to do is acquire a bitchin' 6 foot tiki.

I agree with Raffertiki... it's your bar and your rules. I went for wood only because I know my friends and I don't want them chipping/breaking any of my mugs when their drunk asses put the mug up for a refill!

Anyone know of a 2 part epoxy (I think) that you mix then paint on and it comes out all shiny and waterproof? I saw it on one of those home impovement shows but I can't remember what it was called, it came in different colours.

S

Consider clean up in the question. If you can do a tile top that's easy to clean, great! I am just thinking of grout crevices.

T

Wood is easy to clean, grout is hard. In less you do tile then pore resin on it... By the way I can bounce people for ya..

Well, I decide not to go with the tile, instead picked up a few boxes of parquet flooring, I think it will work great. Price was a plus also. Taking pictures of the build, hopefully can post some later. I'm trying to incorporate my love of hot rods and customs into the room also, so it won't be strictly tiki. Already have auto parts hanging on the wall. Once again, this is a great site, good info and knowledgable people

Chevy

Pages: 1 5 replies