Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Hi! I'm new here, and seeking a tiki coffeetable base!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Please forgive my naivete if the answer is obvious--my tiki collecting has been limited to mugs, mixology tomes, and SHAG prints!

But, it's time to get creative! I have a concept for a tiki coffeetable base, to be topped with a glass oval top. The base should ideally be 17"-21" high, and about 12" in diameter.

Your ideas are much appreciated!

TM

Welcome to TC! There are many talented artists and carvers here on TC. If you look around in Creating Tiki, you'll see what I mean. I may even know someone that could get you what you're looking for.....

BBB , I'd check out http://www.bartiki.com fo sho

do you want to make this or buy it? whats your idea?

[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2005-04-19 06:35 ]

Check out Monkeyman's ottomans. I could easily see something similar as a table base...

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14178&forum=12

-Z

B

Here's a coffee table I did several years back. It is one of 3 dolphin coffee tables
This table was 6' long by 3 ' wide. An oval of 3/4 glass Would one of these work??

T

Benz, cool table..

M
Moki posted on Tue, Apr 19, 2005 8:29 PM

Ben,
You are one very talented man!!
Always love to see your work!

Hi, blondbuxombrainy. I don't really know anything about a coffeetable base...I just wanted to say, uh... welcome.....welcome and hi, so welcome and hi. :)

http://www.samgambino.com

B

Oh, yes Some welcoming commitee we are, but for Sam, who remembered to welcome you . Big welcome to TC . come on in and stay awhile. thanks Sam

Jeez Ben, you are too damned good for your own good!

Welcome to TC blondebuxombrainy, I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

[ Edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-04-20 09:42 ]

That's right... and blondbuxombeauty... er, sorry...uh blond, buxom and brainy... again, we welcome you here real good. Like I say, we're always glad to get new folks hanging around here... well, you know, posting stuff and whatever.... uh, anyways, it's nice that you have joined, and uh.... Oh, yes - the coffeetable bases - well, maybe someone here knows about something along those lines. :)

On 2005-04-20 09:46, Sam Gambino wrote:
That's right... and blondbuxombeauty... er, sorry...uh blond, buxom and brainy... again, we welcome you here real good. Like I say, we're always glad to get new folks hanging around here... well, you know, posting stuff and whatever.... uh, anyways, it's nice that you have joined, and uh.... Oh, yes - the coffeetable bases - well, maybe someone here knows about something along those lines. :)

Settle down Sam, settle down. Just be yourself and I sure you'll do fine.

Okay, I'm relaxed, pulling myself together - getting my deal together now. It just took a little time, but now I'm cool. Really - it's all cool now....

Beniba! Benoba!

UTINI!

Pages: 1 14 replies