Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Surprise Birthday Party for Weird Uncle Tiki in L.A. TOMORROW! 4/16

Pages: 1 13 replies

H

Aloha!

My favorite Weird Uncle (who looks supsiciously just like my other friends, Iuka Grogg, Rod Grogg & Judd) is having a birthday. His lovely wahine, The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa, asked me to post the following details on her behalf--she wants to surprise him with a get-together at the Beverly Hills Trader Vic's. Judd isn't near any computers this weekend, so the coast is clear:

Here is the info: Come join Judd for cocktails to celebrate his birthday
WHEN: Saturday, April 16
WHERE: Trader Vic's Beverly Hills
TIME: 9:30pm

Tragically, I'm going to be out of town this weekend, and I can't make it myself. I'm terribly disappointed -- be sure to go if you can!

SURPRISE!!!! Happy Birthday Judd!!!

I am sooo looking forward to seeing your winery this summer.
Sorry can't make it to your party.
Hope you have a great time.

GEE WIZ! WOW! What a party! Thank you so much to all of you who came out to celebrate. What I thought was going to be a quick nightcap with a couple friends turned into a full-blown rum-fest. I was totally surprised! When we first walked in, I saw Sven and Naomi over by one of the back booths and though, "Hey, there's Sven and Naomi! How cool to run into them here." Then I noticed that also in that general area was Johnnie and Lady Velour, Pi Phi Rho, Ookoo Lady and Krustiki, Dr. Z and Dolphin Tiki, Vintage Girl and Atomic Cocktail, Kick and Mrs. Kick the Reverb, The Wersmo Derincs, Tiki Bird and Utopian Dream, Futura Girl, Phantom Surfer as well as some of my non-tiki friends and relatives. As I approached, cameras started flashing and folks started cheering "Happy birthday." I was absolutely flabbergasted! Rum flowed and laughter ensued. I could not imagine a better way to spend a birthday (or any night) than to be surrounded by such fine friends and Trader Vic's was just the icing on the cake. And what fun it was to close down that joint! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You all is the bestest! Let's do it again soon!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

p.s. Mahalo to Johnnie Velour and Humuhumu for helping Miss Mauna Loa pull off this spectacle. Thanks Jungle Trader for the birthday wishes. And to Martiki who left me a swell "Happy Birthday" rendition on my voice mail, you have a lovely singing voice.

MG

Happy Birthday Judd!
Darn... I wish I could have been there. I still haven't been to Trader Vics either. I was in LA all day Friday and Saturday and didn't know about the party until I was already home in San Diego.
See ya soon.

Happy belated B-day, Judd!

K

Here's a few photos of the event:

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2005-04-17 21:50 ]

M

On 2005-04-17 21:47, Krustiki wrote:
Here's a few photos of the event:

Holy Shit!!!!!

MG

It's him, it's him!

Dead rockstar or not, what the hell is that jerk doing with his arm around my wife?!

Ran

I think the TC crowd brought back some much needed Tiki-ness to Trader Vic's that night. A very fun night indeed. And for those of you wondering what the heck I'm staring at in the pics of the Spinning Tiki Centerpiece (presented to Iuka Grogg by BigBroTiki), I was enthralled by all the warnings on the back of the package. Apparently you must handle the Spinning Tiki Centerpiece with great care or it will become angry with you and cause great destruction.

Aloha friends,
Thanks to everyone for coming out to Weird Uncle Tiki's surprise party! It meant so much to him and we loved seeing the gang. He has been talking about what wonderful friends he has in you all. Mahalo and looking forward to seeing everyone at Tiki Oasis!
The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Raffertiki and thanks for the photos Krustiki. To those of you who were taking snapshots on Saturday, I'd love to see 'em. If I'd have known I was going to a party, I'd have brought a camera! Send 'em via e-mail or post 'em. Whatever's easiest. Thanks again to all of you for a splendid night. Oh, boy!

-Weird Unc

K

On 2005-04-18 13:10, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Dead rockstar or not, what the hell is that jerk doing with his arm around my wife?!

Ran

I think what they would call it is the "Reach-around"

K

Is this a strange new polynesian drinking ritual, only known to professionals? Snarfing your drink?

Pages: 1 13 replies