Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Would you frog legs ?

Pages: 1 19 replies

you should (burp)

p.s. they don't taste like chicken

T

/obvious

Q: How do you get a frog off your windshield?
A: Use the defrogger.

When I was a kid my dad would take us to a restaurant in Long Beach called Lucy's. He always ordered frog's legs and let me have a taste one time. I wasn't too impressed but not grossed out either (like the time my buddy gave me a raw oyster smothered in horseraddish sauce and I blew my groceries) I Yi Yi Yi Yi.

Raw oysters, clams, etc. are awesome. In fact, you just convinced me to sneak off to Legal Seafood tomorrow to order a dozen cherystones and a pint of Bass Ale.

I had frog legs once. Escargot was better.

K
Kono posted on Sat, Apr 16, 2005 7:37 PM

On 2005-04-16 17:19, Raffertiki wrote:
Raw oysters, clams, etc. are awesome. In fact, you just convinced me to sneak off to Legal Seafood tomorrow to order a dozen cherystones and a pint of Bass Ale.

I had frog legs once. Escargot was better.

Mmmmm...raw cherrystones...a little lemon juice and just a tiny tiny dab of cocktail sauce.

Fried oysters, raw oysters, steamed oysters, I love 'em all. Fried clams with the belly on are outstanding.

I've only ever had frog legs lightly battered and fried. Unbelievable if done right. Think fried chicken crossed with lobster. Yummmm.

H

Love love love them..... yummy....

Please don't eat frogs, they are my friends.

I'll try just about anything except durian and haggis. I've tried frog legs and was not impressed.

mmmmmm.....Legal Seafood.

This is sounding like a Fear Factor eppisode, but while we're on the subject has anyone tried the classic pu pu platter staple Rumaki?

Rumaki
12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
12 ounces chicken livers, halved
12 whole water chestnuts, halved

Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon sugar

H

Now here are some frog legs that you can sink your teeth into.

I live in the Turkish part of London and we probably have more Kebab shops on our main road than there are in the rest of the world.
One of their favourite delicacies are Testicles - Would you?
I have to admit I have , and the funny thing is, the only way to describe them is....Creamy!

http://www.cheekytiki.com

[ Edited by: cheekytiki on 2005-04-20 12:44 ]

*On 2005-04-18 00:46, cheekytiki wrote:*One of their favourite dfelicacies are Testicles - Would you?
I have to admit I have , and the funny thing is, the only way to describe them is....Creamy!
Something I did NOT want to know.......

thanks, cheekygonadeater

W

I have a coworker who has hunted and fished (and eaten)damn near everything around these parts. Recently, I (figuratively) put a bug in his ear by suggesting that porpoise or dolphin, being water dwelling mammals, must be a delicious cross between red meat and fish. Well, now he is hooked. He REALLY wants to kill and eat one of these. The problem is ... do you need a hunting or a fishing licence? ;^)
Since he would prefer to shoot one, then a call to the DNR would be pretty funny." yeh, I want a dolphin huntin' licence"...

[ Edited by: WillTiki on 2005-04-21 13:07 ]

T

Flipper, Flipper, swims in a bowl full of batter
No one you see, is as tasty as he.

Now How about some Sperm Whale

EEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I enjoyed some frog legs at the last Tiki Taix:

They actually didn't taste much like chicken to me, more like overcooked fish.

I only made them dance for a little while before I ate them.

On 2005-05-17 11:57, Humuhumu wrote:
I only made them dance for a little while before I ate them.

P
Peel posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 9:04 PM

I've ate them before at the Thai restaurant, tastes a little lighter than chicken. The waitress always laughs and says usually only Asian people order them, though some people down here in the South I'm sure eat them.

Please don't eat me....

Pages: 1 19 replies