Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Suffering Bastard

Pages: 1 7 replies

I am a suffering Bastard. I went all out for this Bastard and someone crazier than I am got it. Check it out and then the history of the buyer. I have tried to put together a Tiki bar quickly, but this has to be a record.
Benehune
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3969440320&ssPageName=ADME:X:ON:US:2

H

Benehune, I saw this as well yesterday. I got one of these last year from the PCC swapmeet for $1.00......Nice...

I was bidding on a munktiki mug and decided to check to competitions feedback. I found one guy who had spent about $2000 on mugs in the last month or so. He won again of course. It must be nice to decide you want a mug, place a huge bid and "know" its yours.

B

The urge to put together a collection quickly can become an addiction: I know from personal experience. I wanted that mug, but my wife was glad I lost. It is hard to be patient living in San Antonio, because our thrift stores and flea markets are full of junk. I found one wooden mug. I read a thread somewhere on TC, where I think Swanky talked about snagging a mug on ebay every once in a while. I guess I have to be patient and work on my drink mixing skills. Benehune

[ Edited by: Benehune on 2005-04-17 08:45 ]

J

Benehune, the trick is to find the mugs mislabeled or incorrectly identified on Ebay... and hope that 10 other people haven't found it as well! :wink:

T

That guy buys so many mugs in one day, everyday that he can't go to work so that he can help unload the UPS truck. The mail man and him probably became such good friends that they drink from a new mug
:drink: everyday

B

There is another Suffering Bastard on Ebay. Does it look to y'all that the legs are worn? Any recommendations on how to resist the urge to hit the bottle, I mean mug?

B

Thats quite a history. Looks like they stumbled into tiki land about Mid march buying a few, then the Tiki Quest Book, then Haywire, whirlwing purchases.WOW.

Pages: 1 7 replies