Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

chicago tiki art show!!!! this summer!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

HI ALL!! here is an early warning!!

saturday, June 18th will be the one year anniversary of the DvA Gallery here in chicago. They are having a tiki themed art show and party. There is also the possiblity of the cocktail preachers doing their new exotica set that evening. There will also be editions of the "tiki art now" book available and signed by some of the artists. The gallery is located on lincoln ave. just before sheffield in lincoln park (across from the salt -n- pepper diner). It's a nice space and the owner is working hard to bring chicago some low-brow art. Mark your calenders now!!

D

Hey, you think Shag will be there?

Any information on who's art will be there?

On 2005-04-23 09:17, Dawn32 wrote:
Hey, you think Shag will be there?

Any information on who's art will be there?

It's still too early to know who will have work in the show..as it draws closer to the date, i'll have more info to post. any artists who may be interested should contact the gallery....ask for david, the owner. i do know that a few of the artists featured in the "tiki art now" show last year will have work in this show. As for shag, i think some of his prints will be available, but don't know for sure yet. The man himself, most likely will not be making an appearance.....

hi all-

here's an update....the galleries new website is up. go to the link below for info on this show.

http://www.DvAgallery.com

the info for the tiki show isn't posted yet, but you can see other info about the gallery and contact them if you wish. stay tuned and check back to find out specifics about the tiki show.

T

Do you know if it will be running through Exotica? If so how far is it from the 2 sponsored hotels? Could be something to do on Friday afternoon.

..good question.... I will have to find out but I assume the show will be up for at least a month so it will overlap the exotica event....as for location, it is easily accessible by the train. in fact, it's just below one of the stops. you'll have to go from oak park, into the chicago loop, switch a train north and you're there...probably takes about 20-30 min. or so for the whole trip. basically what I'm saying is, that it is do-able. The gallery owner is aware of exotica and we spoke about the possibility of the gallery having a booth at exotica to promote the gallery and offer some art, so there's a good chance that the art from the tiki show will be coming to all of you at the event......

Pages: 1 6 replies