Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Extensive Chin Tiki interior pics...

Pages: 1 13 replies

This may have been posted before, but I've just seen it for the first time and wanted to share it...

http://forgottenmichigan.com/gallery/ChinTiki

H

I've seen those pics before but thanks for bringing them up again.

After looking at the pictures, imagine this;

Mr Chin agrees to open the doors of the Chin Tiki for a private Tiki Central party (read $$$). We have the place for 24 hours and have to bring all our own food, drinks, ice and entertainment.

We would also have to bring sleeping bags as there are no ins and outs. Once you are in you have to stay until the next day when the doors are unlocked. Cell phones are not allowed. Oh yeah, the electricity is off too so we need to bring flashlights and lots of candles. Sort of like House on Haunted Hill but with Tikis. Oh yeah, instead of everyone getting a gun, we would each be allowed to carry a Maori war club and a Tiki torch...

Who's in!

On 2005-04-19 16:17, Hakalugi wrote:

we would each be allowed to carry a Maori war club and a Tiki torch...

"allowed"??? HA! you'd NEED a weapon in that area of town. :roll:

I'm in.

-Z

T

the most recent never seen before picture. Its a picture of me taken this weekend. Zombie, don't scare the people off. I like that idea until it got to the lights off, flashlight part. But no lights no stuff left in it when we're through.

What fanastic pics! Thank you! I just graduated with a major in interior design, and now I do graphic design, art, and some interior decorating. Therefore, I always go hog wild when I get to see interior snapshots of a well-decorated space. Makes me VERY happy. I start getting ideas for people's actual LIVING spaces. I like the "outdoor/indoor" look here. It feels like being outside, and yet you're actually inside! Splendid. :)

Thank you SO much for posting these! I got some fantastic ideas! Mahalo!
~L

T

SO...is the CHIN TIKI Open for business or not ?
It looks like it was once a very swingin Tiki Establishment.

Does anyone know what happened to Marvin Chin's other restaurant - The Port 'O Three in Bloomfield, MI?

Sabu.

I do know his family owns Mon Jin Lau, but thats not near that address... hmmm time for some investigation. just need to grab a road map and my trusty schnauzer and I'm good to go.

-Z

On 2005-04-21 15:25, tikiyaki wrote:
SO...is the CHIN TIKI Open for business or not ?
It looks like it was once a very swingin Tiki Establishment.

Umm, NO, it has been closed for 20+ years, but the building is pretty much as it was when the doors were shut. Chin's in Livonia is still open.

read more here:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4043&forum=1

-Z

T

Chin Tiki as far as I know sits intact and as is. The only problem is it hasn't reopened. Drives me crazy having that place around, preserved from tiki's heydays, yet unopen for business. It's like starving to death with a plate full of food sitting in front of you. In this case though, it's like dying of thirst. Please reopen Chin Tiki, I need a Mai Tai!!!!

On 2005-04-21 17:19, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Marvin Chin's other restaurant - The Port 'O Three in Bloomfield, MI?

Sabu.

Sabu, Here's the Mapquest map for the intersection of Telegraph & Long Lake Roads, and the Google Satelite image. It looks like it's all Malls at that intersection now. I found an old notice for an ebay auction that included 2 Port 'O Three menus, but I couldn't find any images.

for more chin tiki pics, check out the gallery at fraternal order of moai .org

for more chin tiki pics, check out the gallery at fraternal order of moai .org

K

Pages: 1 13 replies