Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

DISNEYLAND V. I. P. sneak preview day May 4th

Pages: 1 23 replies

Lisa and I just won Disney passes for the 50th Anniversary "Sneak Preview" V I P day on May 4th. I guess they are only letting 2,500 people in the park (contest winners only) plus the media and celebrities. Does anyone else have passes or know if this is really a big deal like they say it is?

Congrats, Mean Gene!

I think this will be a pretty big deal. Tikibelle and I both entered the draw with our annual passes, but haven't won tickets. So you must be our eyes and ears. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Sabu

Wow! Congratulations -- I think it's a very big deal. As far as I know, I didn't win a pass for the preview day, though it's sort of a relief because I wouldn't want to miss the traditional Wednesday-before-Oasis Tiki-Ti night. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. I can't wait to hear all about it from you!

OH WOW! Thats... WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thats HUGE! I mean... I would give my right arm to have won something as amazing as that! :D LUCK-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D

I will go to The Mai Kai after work tonight and have a celebratory toast for you! :)

~L

T

I Trustar, too is also a weiner...WINNER of the advance VIP day tickets at D-land on May 4th. We are supposed to get a package detailing the events and particulars for the day. Will share when we get some more info. Might just be a happenin' thing.

TikiTikiTikiTikiTiki Room

Trustar

T

yeah, one of my friends won tickets for it as well. they have their passas and that day is the only day they couldn't go and it is his wife's birthday that day, so he was pretty stoked to win the tickets for it.

T

Awesome! The press events are always fun - lotsa free food, free swag & the park to yourself....

How can you not be stoked?

Wish I was going!

W

Yes, we are sooooooo excited. I think our 3 yr old & I are more excited than Gene. We are the DISNEY-maniacs in the family. I am just hoping the 3 of us can squeeze in together. She just turned 3, but is tiny & would definately pass for 2 (2 & under are free)......but it says we won 2 tickets. I just hope they are not too strict w/that. We are expecting our packet in the mail as well. So we should know more then. I think they are mailing them out on the 21st. Should be a blast! Cant wait!
-Lisa

Is anyone who is going willing to pick up one of the new Adventure Land mugs? I saw one on Baron V's blog. I'd be willing to pay up front plus add a little for your trouble.

T

I would be willing to pick up the mug for you but I'm not to sure what the AdventureLand mug is. Is this something new that I missed???? PM me or e-mail me.

Trustar

Here is a link that I got from Baron V's Blog

http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x20882c973&varPage=info

Lots of cool stuff!

Also, this is Baron V's blog if your intrested!

http://covetshag.blogspot.com/

My mistake. Those items are for a "special" event being held in June. The stuff thats left over will be sold afterwards in the park. Hmmm....Maybe I should read first before getting all excited!! Doh!

MG

Oh man! You got me all excited too.
There's gonna be some cool stuff though.

T

Received my tickets on Tuesday. Park is going to be open from 8:30 until 5:00. Statements like "by attending, your likeness may be used" seemes like there are going to be a lot of media in attendance for promo and advertising purposes. Hope it's like Tang said, lots of "free food, plenty of swag". Looks like fun.

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!

TikiTikiTikiTikiTiki Room!

Trustar

K

Yep, it's a big deal... closed even to the silver-pass cast members & stuff. Bring a camera or two, and do some research to find out just what there is to see that's new and/or fixed.

S

The Good News:

My wife has a free pass for May 4th!

The Bad News:

She cannot bring a guest. :(

The good News:

I'm in as the photographer! :)

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2005-05-05 01:02 ]

T

Artie

Can't you at least go as Tina's cameraman? I saw those pictures you took in the latest edition of Orange Coast magazine. Photo credits and everything. I'm impressed.

See you Sunday

Trustar

S

Trustar,

Mahalo for the compliment. :)

Looking forward to Sunday.

Pray for surf.

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2005-04-28 18:33 ]

Seems there will be more attendees than the expected 2,500. I'll be at the park on the 4th but have no press credential or AP award (tho I did try and obviously failed to win my way into the park.) The day is apparently also being used to "woo" high end clients (not me, mind you - I'm basically charity worker - but guess I have some friends in high places who are letting me tag along). I'm excited!!

See you at the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room. I'll be the one whirling from the Dole Whip brain-freeze.

I'll be there on the 5th, on the lanai, sipping my dole whip spiked from my cell phone flask full of contraband. :)

"Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.”

[ Edited by: KikaAkua on 2005-04-29 23:40 ]

wow - i entered as a passholder... but to no avail... so i'm glad that some of our ohana won tix - congrats!

can't wait to hear and see the wrap-up!

DZ

DolphinTiki and I won tickets too, but the strange thing is that we didn't even enter - they just arrived in the mail yesterday! Unfortunately, neither one of us is able to go on Wednesday (that's why we didn't try for them in the first place). Even worse, the tix are 'non-transferable', so we can't even give 'em away to anyone - we're just kinda stuck with 'em.

This sucks. :(

Have a good time, y'all!

W
Weence posted on Mon, May 2, 2005 5:11 PM

On 2005-04-30 09:56, Doctor Z wrote:
Unfortunately, neither one of us is able to go on Wednesday (that's why we didn't try for them in the first place). Even worse, the tix are 'non-transferable', so we can't even give 'em away to anyone - we're just kinda stuck with 'em.

This sucks. :(

Actually......I think you can give them to someone. I just saw a whole load of them selling on ebay anywhere from $200 to $400 a pair!! Maybe someone you know will be able to use them. Im so excited for Wed......I cant wait!!!!!!!

S

Just returned from the most amazing partay tonight! Free pass, free food, free booze!!!! For those of you going tomorrow and this weekend, you will not be disappointed. The updates on the Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion are way beyond expectation and the parade and fireworks show is the best yet.

And check out the new Buzz Lightyear ride. Very fun and interactive!

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2005-05-05 09:50 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies