Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My tiki gives good bank advice!

Pages: 1 2 replies

I had to open up a new checking account today. So I debated for a long time about where I should open up my account. In a silly mood, just before leaving my apartment, I jokingly turned to one of my tikis and said "Where do YOU think I should go, Hmm?" Hearing no reply, I chuckled and shrugged, said "Well, if you think of someplace, just let me know!", laughed, and left to walk around town. Something was pulling me to walk a different route than I usually do. For some mysterious reason, I went a way I normally never take. I eventually stumbled upon a Wachovia, and wandered inside.

When it was finally my turn, I went into the office of a nice fellow, who shook my hand and took down my info. He asked me what I do for a living. I said I am a freelance artist/writer. He asked me what kind of artwork I do, and I laughed and said "You will probably think this is a little odd... usually, people do. I am into tiki art..."
"Tiki?" he asked with a slightly puzzled expression as he sat across from me in his super conservative suit. He said "How did you get into that?" I went on to explain. "My father is a geologist. When I was a little kid, he worked overseas for 6 months on Easter Island... brought me back a ton of souveniers. Moai mostly... I fell in love with them." He looked at me, just baffled. I said "You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" And he slowly grinned, his eyes as big as saucers... and giddily pointed to the back corner shelf in his office. My eyes looked up, and I saw a beautiful moai statue displayed very proudly, overlooking the entire room. We burst out laughing together, and he got all excited. He went on and on about how much he loved Easter Island when he was there, and how amazing the moai are in person... how huge they are, and overpowering... how he brought home this precious souvenier... How much he yearns to go back...

I promised him a free print, and he said he would hang it up in his office for all of the Wachovia clients to see! He was so excited! I told him to join tikicentral, and go to The Hukilau too. I wonder if he will. :)

Anyhoo... THAT, my friends, is how you KNOW you have chosen the right bank. The Tiki Gods have spoken. I came home and thanked my tiki! I mean... what if, right? You never know! :wink:

~L

"Tiki, it's everywhere you want to be"

On 2005-04-21 11:00, dogbytes wrote:
"Tiki, it's everywhere you want to be"

LOL!!!! :D
Hey... if someone opened up a bank with THAT for a slogan... I would leave Wachovia in the dust! :wink:

Pages: 1 2 replies