Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Huntington Beach Pier Rock n Stroll Sunday May 1st **Updated Information**

Pages: 1 21 replies

T

Tired of sitting in that dark bar or tenament building, drinking and listening to tunes???

Sunday May 1st begins the Huntington Beach
Surfin' Sundays Surf Band series at the HB Pier Plaza.

The day plays out like this:

Deoras
11:00 - Noon

Sand Devils (w/ our own kick the reverb)
Noon - 1:15

Neptunes
1:15 - 2:30

Outer Wave Surf Band
2:30 - 3:45

Detonators
3:45 - 5:00 pm

Since parking in downtown can be a bit crazy and I only live a couple of blocks away, I would open it up for the HB Pier Rock n Stroll. Bring your bikes down, park at my place. Have some/many drinks, and roll or stroll down to the pier for the show. After, we can hit the awsome Smokin' Mo's BBQ for some much needed grindage. It ain't tiki but its food can't be beat. I'm figuring Sam's Seafood might still be on their kick of closing early on Sundays.

Then back to my hut for some/more drinks.

Get off your duff. Come on out, drink some drinks, get some sun, ride the bikes, support our musical amigos, and have a great time listening to some jammin' surf bands.

PM me to let me know how many gallons I need to stock up on. I'll post a map with my place, route and our final destination this weekend.

I'm makin' my list.

Trustar

***UPDATED INFORMATION

My address is:
20905 Coastview Ln
Huntington Beach, CA

Take Beach Blvd South
Turn RIGHT on Atlanta
Turn Right on Delaware
The first street on the Right is Bay.
Part along Delaware
We are on the N/E corner on Bay.

http://imgs.maps.yahoo.com/overviewmap?OVMAPDATA=N4qUeuR32XVDOwPGLO.TTgrMIM7NipwoCioV4_sqalkBXl9k2NVEmpXFZuy0VJpBtc9ILC8CpHYG.ilKdQ_J_RcQSNZPG0YwjQj.ZqLyJ_Zplr73eTwoEQRyKExYVJWw&ORG=EzK2v_MmhngH5k6lhjOd1wD1W3Clh8BF23_irm9wjMFXcnRzTWJWccvZRvORdQXqKC5Rx._NX8BYKri5UslnQ87onKWNIeShSYCaRwgHSUuOj_hPr7TvuD7ZBxc-uD7ZBxc-

Phn is 714 336-7231

Lapu Lapus and fruit will be waiting for you in the morning. More drinks will be waiting for you afterwards. I'm still trying to figure out how we can arrange refills during the day. We'll come up with something.

Remember, the show is supposed to start at 11:00 am. It's only a couple minute bike ride or 10 minute walk to the pier.

See ya Sunday

Trustar

[ Edited by: trustar on 2005-04-21 14:08 ]

[ Edited by: trustar on 2005-04-26 16:34 ]

[ Edited by: trustar on 2005-04-26 16:35 ]

Sounds great Trustar!

I'm going fo sure!

Smokin' Moe's BBQ is the next best thing to old Kelbo's in my Book of Tiki!

Who else is going? Sign up now while you still can.

(I hope this doesn't put a dent in the attendance(?))

I'm there with Anjy my partner and our freind Ainslie.
Lookin forward to meeting you all.

I should be there -- hope this doesn't scare anybody away either...

T

I know Shecky #33 is scared!!!

I'm going to hide him now!

Trustar

If it doesn't turn out to be moving day for me, I'll be there!

S

Trustar,

It's been a while. Luv the pix, Bruddah.

Tiki-T and I are in!

See you then.

On 2005-04-21 14:07, trustar wrote:
[img]Tired of sitting in that dark bar or tenament building, drinking and listening to tunes???

YES

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2005-04-24 00:16 ]

Utopiandreem & i should be there via bikes.

TBird.

T

kikin it up a notch. BAM!

S

Yikes! Time to tune-up the Tiki bikes!

Mrs. Fury and I shall crawl out of the rubble that was the Rincon Room for some pre-Oasis fun & Surf music..........thanks Trustar ..........

On 2005-04-29 15:54, bongofury wrote:
Mrs. Fury and I shall crawl out of the rubble that was the Rincon Room for some pre-Oasis fun & Surf music..........thanks Trustar ..........

Bongo,

I don't appreciate much at my advanced age, but I'm extremely jazzed about seeing you and yours tomorrow!

After the gig, 1/2 way up Main St. on the left side, on your way to the rib joint, stop by No Ka Oi and get a Shave Ice served ffrom this Bamboo Ben bar.

S

Hey Trustar,

A couple 'o questions:

What time at yer pad?

And...

If don't make it by 11:00 am, then meet U at Pier Plaza?

Mahalo.

P.S. Sweet bar, Ben! We gotta check 'er out downtown.

p.s.

This just in. Bamboo Ben will be helping the HB Surfing Museum in the home of "SURF CITY USA" (chongo!), re-do their space. Bamboo Surf Board display racks ( many boards will be shown including ye ole Jet Boards) and a few other thangs.

p.s.s. Does Santa Cruz have a museum of this stature? (The collection that will be displayed soon will blow your mind.) And, a surf song? We'll see what the court desides.

p.s.s.s..s.s.s.s.s.s,

I tink on the 14 o May der might be a taping of a tv show going down at da Hyatt in HB. Sumpin called Action Heroes? Heard the set will be scReaming Boo Crazy! ie; Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al. also heaRd dat our pen crazy artist Drew Brophy will be going off!

Sunpin to check into. Audi ance needed like da Todai Show. Get yarrrrrr Tiki On!! Localz!!

T

HB is the place to be!
For those of you who are not to hung over (or even if you are) from the Purple Orchid or the Agent Orange shows last night, you are more then welcome to come on by at 9:30 - 10:00. We've got coffee, muffins, fruit and lots of Lapu Lapu's (hair of the monkey???) for you. We will be heading down to the pier a little before 11:00. If you miss us at the house, give me a call on my cell 714 336-7231 so we can hook-up.

Cowabunga!

Trustar

S

Good times and good music today Trustar!

Mahaloz again for setting it up and for the tour of your cool Tiki hut.

Nice seeing everyone again and meeting Cheeky Tiki and the Brit/Aussie crew.

See you all soon.

B

Thanks for your hospitality Trustar! We had a great time and got to see old friends and meet some new ones too. The weather was perfect, the bands were great. A good strart on Oasis. I will post pix in Tiki Music........so go take a look.

Thanks Guys, good to meet you all and we had agreat time, see you on our way back through

Thanks everyone for showing up and for the support, it was fun (heck, you managed to make me smile on stage...)
Ran

Pages: 1 21 replies