Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: My new tiki bar. Best deal had to share.

Pages: 1 29 replies

[ Edited by: ocean-tiki 2005-07-07 15:46 ]

Welcome to TC Ocean-Tiki.
It looks like a nice bar. Congrats!
Bamboo Ben's bars are still even better at that price though. Next bar.

HI! Unga. I checked his out and they are nice but the art work is what I was looking for. Would have been much more.

[ Edited by: Ocean-Tiki on 2005-04-22 13:16 ]

D

Ocean-Tiki this guy is/was a fellow Tiki Central member if you look through the search tool I am sure you can find more of his work. Nice to hear your so happy with your bar. Have you tried emailing the maker to see what he would suggest for using on the materials he made the bar out of? Good luck.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13011&forum=7&24

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-04-22 13:36 ]

Thank you for the link. That was nice. He gave me a bunch of very good information and a free sign too!!! Was just curious with all the years of experence here if there were any tricks and tips some of you may have come across. Thank you again for all your help. Ocean

Happy to see your enjoying the bar Check out bamboobens Oasis Bar. Really kool with some history.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-20 06:59 ]

H

On 2005-04-22 08:25, Ocean-Tiki wrote:
When I finish my outdoor tiki room I will share the pictures with you.

Don't wait 'til it's done to post pictures. We like to see the before pictures and the progress pictures too!

I'M saving for the camera to take the pictures. Spending to much time drinking beer at the new bar. I feel like I'm in Hawaii. The wife even bought a hawaiian shirt. Like being on vacation everyday from 5:30 on. I think I got the TIKI BUG.

T

On 2005-05-12 15:46, Ocean-Tiki wrote:
Spending to much time drinking beer at the new bar.

Drinking WHAT? My friend, now that you have entered the ranks of the enlightened, it is time to forego the ways of the uninitiated and to christen your fine new bar with Mai Tais! And then you must stock it to the rafters with some fine rums from faraway and exotic lands! A toast to TIKI!

You made up my mind. Rum it is. Camera comes later.

HEY!! Ocean-Tiki PM me. Got what you wanted.

Thanks boss. Thats awsome. Will write shortly. PS Everyone loves the tiki gods on the bar top. Excellent art work. You-Da-Man

I hate posting stuff like this but sonofabeach and Ocean-tiki seem to be the same person. :(

T

"We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"

• N. Bates
K
Kono posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 6:23 PM

On 2005-06-13 16:04, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I hate posting stuff like this but sonofabeach and Ocean-tiki seem to be the same person. :(

I can't tell you how much that does not surprise me.

The internet is not for everyone!

Unfortunately, some folks need a real life person in front of them to behave like an honest human being.

[ Edited by: Kono on 2005-06-13 18:27 ]

T

On 2005-05-16 07:34, Ocean-Tiki wrote:
... Camera comes later.

Well, you had to use a camera to shoot those ebay pics, didn't you, SoaB? So, c'mon, post some more pictures of your new bar! After seeing those close-ups pics of the bar, I actually felt sorry that someone paid $500 for it. If OT bought that bar from himself for $500, he was ripped off!

B

Hanford, this could be much worse than originally thought! There is a good chance that one or the other has a multiple personality disorder. We are obligated to do an intervention over the internet. It has never been done before, but it is possible. You will need to round up all the TC'ers with numbers in the 4-digits, as they are the most experienced with abnormal TC behavior. Send me a personal message (my first) and I will give you the details. Benehune

If you think that Bar is cool - just wait till you see my custom TIKI Kneepads. I will post photo's in another thread!! SoB I think you'll be one to enjoy sumthin like this!!!

You just need to make sure the thread is titled "LOOK HERE FOR MOST AWESOMEST TIKI-KNEE PADS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!"

That way we won't miss it!

I'm going to have my own whole thread, arguing about what's wrong with Jimmy Buffet, with myself/Mrs.Tiki-bot....

I'll probably have to sign her up as a Grand Member to pay for all the bandwidth I'm eating up, arguing with myself.

I think everyone should have multiple personalities on TC, I'm having my own 6 person ROOM CRAWL right NOW! and I've already booted 4 booze grubbing newbie-selves!

xoxox
mrs. p/bot/B-G-N/etc./etc/

Oh this seet is too funny. That and my brain is fried from da sun. SOB , what a loser...... but crafty.

Actully OT purchased a few small items from a local benifit auction I had donated to recently. A benifit for a local resedent in the last stages of cancer. A flyer included inviting OT to visit my store to view some items. In doing so he contacted me and showed an interest in a customized bar for his wife.. He was invited to use the computer at a small center. Not by me but by the Revernd. A computer in which I donated,maintain and frequent often.
His funds are limited and knowing this after the purchase I compensated him for his cost.
His wife became disabled in an accident this past winter and is very limited. The customized bar and other items he is making a tiki area for her enjoyment.
Before you make a mockery of this. Please as hard as it may be for some of you. Try to refrane from making fun of his wives injuries for your own entertainment.
Thanks to your efforts I have asked him not to use this computer in the future. He was only trying to be part of a group to help him through the rough times ahaed. Hopefully the future will bring happier times for all in need.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-20 06:57 ]

we should get all of our friends and family to send her cards...

I thought OT bought the bar on eBay? huh, maybe SoB should go bacck and re-read the OT's posts, ohhh what a tangled web we weave...

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-06-15 08:02 ]

I think she would like that. PM me for the address. Thats a great idea. Thank you.

On 2005-06-15 07:58, mrs. pineapple wrote:
we should get all of our friends and family to send her cards...

I thought OT bought the bar on eBay? huh, maybe SoB should go bacck and re-read the OT's posts, ohhh what a tangled web we weave...

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-06-15 08:02 ]

He said he found this on ebay. The flyer directed him to ebay to view the choices. His was custom made for his wife.

H

On 2005-06-15 07:50, sonofabeach wrote:
And Yes! they have no camera or computer. He was invited to use the computer at a small center.

Having this intimate knowledge, Sonofabeach makes a post like this:

On 2005-05-26 22:56, sonofabeach wrote:

Why not just call the guy. Oh, I suppose he has no phone either...

Sorry Sonofabeach. Your story doesn't jive.

On 2005-06-15 08:08, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2005-06-15 07:50, sonofabeach wrote:
And Yes! they have no camera or computer. He was invited to use the computer at a small center.

Having this intimate knowledge, Sonofabeach makes a post like this:

On 2005-05-26 22:56, sonofabeach wrote:

Why not just call the guy. Oh, I suppose he has no phone either...

Sorry Sonofabeach. Your story doesn't jive.

Nothing ever does with suspicious minds.
He finally did return my call. Thanks for asking.

H

In the mean time we have "Ocean-Tiki" suddenly editing his post from 4/22.

???

Yes, suspicious minds want to know. On second thought, just forget it.

On 2005-06-15 08:35, Hakalugi wrote:
In the mean time we have "Ocean-Tiki" suddenly editing his post from 4/22.

???

Yes, suspicious minds want to know. On second thought, just forget it.

Being the proprietor I have all the passwords. Thank you for asking. Good luck to all of you.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-15 08:54 ]

This thread makes me hungry for swiss cheese....

Before I went away to France ,I had been thinkin for afew weeks that these were the same guy and why no one had cottoned on, I just didn't want to cast the first stone(and get it wrong).
Whilst I was away I was talking to Duke Carter about my suspicions, so imagine my surprise when I get back to see this thread!

Pages: 1 29 replies