Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Oasis Pirate ships mast (The making of)

Pages: 1 13 replies

TB

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to share some photo's.
The design team that brought the Lucky Tiki are at it again..... Crazy Al, Lucky and myself are constructing a 20 ft. tall mast and sail of a pirate ship for Tiki Oasis.... It will be behind the stage and the sail will be used as a giant projection screen. See Al's concept sketches
I will post more pics as it progresses. Enjoy.

OH MAAAAAAAAN, we shoulda got married THIS year! it looks awesome!

DO IT AGAIN!
Maybe make Mr. Pineapple walk the plank if he won't marry the poor damsel he's impregnated!

ARRRRR...perhaps a taste o' the cat will loosen his tongue. Lash 'im to the mast!

TB

I think ship wreck joey is the most excited about the theme of Oasis this year! ARRRRRRRRG

T

On 2005-04-24 13:57, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
ARRRRR...perhaps a taste o' the cat will loosen his tongue.

"Taste O' the Cat"? I don't see that in the Grog Log. :wink:

Seriously, this looks like it's gonna be killer. Can't wait to get there!

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-04-24 21:37 ]

http://www.hms.org.uk/nelsonsnavycat.htm

Don't worry, I won't be bringing this bad rascal to Tiki Oasis (unless I really need it to win the costume contest). :lol:

Z

I'm sure you guys are finished with this, but I was just reading some old posts and found an image of something simillar in the old dolphin lagoon down at Sea World. Al's concept looks great!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1801&forum=1&start=15

What an improvement over previous screens, remember the old small screen used during Oasis I located behind the pool?

Wow, That is amazing and a great idea to use it as a projection screen. Can't wait to see it!!

so, are they showing the movies on the screen at the stage? no dive in? It's actually not going to be super warm this year, so maybe that's OK? just wondering...

mrs. pineapple

CA

the rest of the story.........

thanks Lucky!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2005-05-16 21:48 ]

fantastic pictures for a fantastic stage/props.

thanks again for orchestrating the whole thing.

It wouldnt have been the same event without it.

Crazy Al Rocks! (trust me)

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 8:03 AM

That is so cool. I might put one in my backyard. Pity I dont own the place, and I dont have a projection screen...

Pages: 1 13 replies