Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"Giants of Easter Island" on History Channel

Pages: 1 9 replies

K

Tomorrow night at 9pm EST.

"On the remotest island on the face of the planet stand the massive, enigmatic stone statues of Easter Island. Who carved them? And why? Ever since Easter Island was first discovered, this tiny pinprick of land in the middle of the Pacific Ocean has baffled scientists. How did the ancients who peopled this place even find it? Host Josh Bernstein sets out to unveil the mysteries of the island and of the remarkable stone heads that its first inhabitants left behind. Delving into the world of ancient Pacific Islanders, he relearns the lost art of Polynesian navigation, recreates the techniques of Easter Island masons, and participates in dangerous ancient rituals--all to solve one of the greatest enigmas of our time: the mystery of Easter Island."

[ Edited by: Juno on 2005-04-25 19:48 ]

T

Thanks Juno

This week is an Easter Island week for me. From books to moives that I just started watching this week.

He'd better not rearrange any rocks.

I'm there

missed it , but its replaying in 2 hours....cant wait!

Good show. I might pick up the DVD that's available on The History Channel site under "Digging for the Truth". I'd like to see the contestants on Survivor take "the Birdman" challenge.

K

I'd like to see the contestants on Survivor take "the Birdman" challenge.

Thats a great idea! I think it would thin out the contestants really quick.

Interesting show...especially some of the theories it presented. It's hard to imagine them moving the moais upright rather than on their back.

Thanks for the heads up Juno. I taped it and have already watched it a few times. What a fascinating story in history.

tj

K

Just finished watching it (DVR is marvelous). Wow... amazing stuff, to be sure! That Birdman Cult stuff was really incredible. That straight between the main island and the smaller one looked hard to navigate by boat, let alone swimming it.

Thanks for the hedz-up on the program. Very cool.

K

T'anks Juno, good stuff. Really appreciate the heads up.

Ahu

Pages: 1 9 replies