Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Moais - Cool for Cats

Pages: 1 12 replies

I

The Sunday (April 24) Washington Post Travel Section's front page article was on Easter Island. The article included several large, color photographs, my favorite being this one of a cat walking across a Moai nose.

The article, which gives lots of information on flights, lodging, etc. - but not many of the color photos in the print version - can be found here .....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9471-2005Apr22.html

Vern

Thanks for the link, Vern.

This cat photo is funny, but suspicious - the scale is wrong.

That is either a very tiny cat, or a fake photo...

T

?? Maybe thats not a cat at all. Maybe that cat is really a kitten.:) Like the photo

Could that actually be a rat? Or perhaps an insect of some kind, like an ant, or a mosquito? I can't see a lot of detail on it.

T

The shadow from the cat matches up good and its in the same direction of the moai down aways.

I store all my kittens on moai noses. :)

Better than the ubiquitous kitten in a basket photo!

On 2005-04-25 10:21, tikibars wrote:
Thanks for the link, Vern.
This cat photo is funny, but suspicious - the scale is wrong.
That is either a very tiny cat, or a fake photo...

It was understood, that there would be no Math, if I joined Tiki Central……………. Hanford?

On 2005-04-25 23:21, Unga Bunga wrote:

It was understood, that there would be no Math, if I joined Tiki Central…………….

If the cat is walking Southwest on a moai's nose, what color is the cat if it is less than 5 months old?

I

I'm wondering - Why would a cat/kitten desire to climb a Moai head in the first place?

Is it for the same reason that a man will climb a mountain - simply because it is there? Is it chasing some bird that might land on top of the head? Is it a high vantage point to search for mice and other potential food on the ground?

Is it some genetic instinctive desire to climb to tall heights, with the Moais being the tallest items now that the trees are all cut down? Do the Moai heads provide a warm heated surface on which to nap?

Is it even easy for a cat to climb a mostly vertical stone structure? Does a cat climb to the top of one Moai, and then get the urge to climb the top of the neighboring Moai?

Is this just what the cool cats on the island do - hang out on Moai heads? Is it part of the mystery of the islands - not only are the heads mysterious, but also the animals that reside on the island?

Vern

S
SES posted on Wed, Apr 27, 2005 3:11 AM

Nosy kitty - must not have learned that curiosity killed the cat

I think the cool cat was chasing a bird - man!
gettit? I think I might go back to bed

Maybe it's a Rapanui kitten?

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:09 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies