Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tikis Arrested in Florida... Details Inside...

Pages: 1 11 replies

Dateline: Polk County, Florida

Two newly-born tikis, Mark E. Marq and Samoa Sam, were arrested late last week and charged with listening to Exotica and drinking Mai Tais in a dedicated Country music/beer/pork rind zone.

Mark E. Marq, seen here in his mug shots, is the older of the two by about a week, and stands five feet tall, with a blotchy queen palm complexion. He wears a sheepish look, most likely due to the fact that that's about all he's wearing.

Samoa Sam, although born later, was carved from a well-aged sable palm, is three feet tall, has a two-tone complexion, and wears a perpetual scowl, no doubt from being subjected to repeated karioke renditions of "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" by his jailers.

Although, almost quite literally being 'born yesterday', the two tikis were able to outsmart their jailers and make their escape while the guards slept off a donut binge.

Mark E. Marq and Samoa Sam then made their way to a Polynesian-friendly part of town and took up residence at Palama Tiki's place, hiding in the vegetation and blending in to the surroundings so as to elude their captors, who, at this writing, were too busy watching CMT to pursue their quarry.

More details will be forthcoming as this story progresses.

B

Wow, I sure hope those 2 guys remain safe there away from the long arm of the law. You were very generous to ofer those fine looking tikis refuge in your own back yard garden. I'm sure the tiki mana will shine down on you forever.
HappyHappyHappy

Ben:

it's the least I could do to advance the cause of the Tiki. and I have a feeling that more will follow.

They look terrific! I love the Marq, lots of personality. :)

Thanks Finkdaddy...

yeah, i can't figure out if he knows something and isn't telling, or if he's just constipated. :)

S

If them boys need a place to hide out. Send em on down here to Pasco county and we'll take care of em.

yep, i'm sure there's some boys in Pasco that'll 'git 'er done' as well as the "Poke County" boys! :)

T

Too funny. Love the small one

Great stuff, Palama. Really nice detail on the Marq.

Mahalo to all: I appreciate it!

The more that the Marq is in the sun and dries out, the blotchier he gets and he's checking pretty badly as well... maybe i should have put alittle SPF 30 in the polyurethane...

S

I'd go with the 50 SPF Sport waterproof. Just in case he wants to take a swim in your lake. LOL!

well, if he wants to take a swim, he can join the other tiki that i've got underwater. i had made that one a few years back, and sunk him in the lake, along with a cannon and anchor that i made for something for my dive buddies to look at underwater.

it's a ritual that all divers have to first go to the tiki and pay homage to the dive god.

[ Edited by: Palama Tiki on 2005-04-27 07:38 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies