Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

How does this happen?

Pages: 1 13 replies

This happens on eBay from time to time and it amazes me.

I wish my auctions went this well...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3970759939&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

K
Kono posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 4:57 PM

Newbies.

It's in "mint" condition yet..."Fine overall crazing enhances the ancient look of this mug." :lol:

J

I've got 6 of these I serve drinks in on a regular basis - if that's the going price on these mugs I'd better break out the generics and put these up for adoption! :wink:

Yes, that would be me.

I bought that mug on ebay less than 2 weeks ago for less than $10.00, shipping included. Figured it would go for either less than $25 or more than $50.

What really blows my mind is how sometimes 1 of my mini-hibachis will sell for more than 2 hibachis that are ending just minutes after the first. I have also seen where an item gets bid past the buy-it-now price I had set on an identical item.

Someday I am going to list a 1992 quarter, with a good picture and discription, I bet it would sell for more than 25 cents.

Is it wrong? The bidding started at $0.01.

I think mentioning that an item is pictured in BOT or Tiki Quest makes it sell for a much higher price than before the books.

M
Moki posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 6:45 PM

Nothing wrong on your part.... you listed it without a reserve and started at a penny. You took a chance that someone could by it for less than you paid.

Congrats!! Hope when we put a few of our duplicates up for adoption, some of these newbies find us :lol:

B

Wow, an item listed as Vintage that is in fact Vintage!
This auction for one of those Big Lots mugs amazed me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3970469853&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2005-04-25 18:58 ]

On 2005-04-25 17:53, bigkahuna627 wrote:
Someday I am going to list a 1992 quarter, with a good picture and discription, I bet it would sell for more than 25 cents.

Thanks for the warning!

On 2005-04-25 18:47, badmojo wrote:
Wow, an item listed as Vintage that is in fact Vintage!
This auction for one of those Big Lots mugs amazed me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3970469853&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2005-04-25 18:58 ]

I would love to email the "winner" to tell him to check out Big Lots' selection of mugs...

[ Edited by: astrosurf on 2005-04-26 04:39 ]

S

Wow! That is freaking crazy. The Big Lots thing. The other mug, I think you are right. Saying it's in Tiki Quest makes people assume it's valuable. Let's scam the newbies! We could all get rich off our junk mugs by conspiring to bid them up for each other and scam the newbies into bidding on the rare gems of Orchids mugs and OMC.

I am definitely going to try this "as seen on page X of Tiki Quest and Y of BOT" and see how it goes.

"Not 2 mugs stacked on top of each other" makes me want to sell the "original" Accoutrement mugs that they ripped off to make that ugly mutha of a Big Lots mug! Thos must be worht a fortune!

K

The starting bid on the Big Lot's mug was only $6.99...$2 more than Big Lots. The person that bid $42.00 did that to themselves.

Anyone else want to sell one of those mugs but NOT at the newbie price? I only have three months to buy as many mugs as I can before the purchases become diapers... and NO the diapers are not for me!

On 2005-04-26 12:43, roadkutter wrote:
I only have three months to buy as many mugs as I can before the purchases become diapers... and NO the diapers are not for me!

ha, I like the way you think!

I only have three months until my husband comes home, and is at the receiving end of anything coming by way of mail!

BTW, wanna meet up at Funhauser next month? I'm making a trip over with friends and want to to stock up.(gulp & new pocket kahuna)

Hay Tikiwahine, I might be able to make it to Funhouser, I haven't visited since I picked up my Gulp.

Did you see the final for the Hawaiian Village mug?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3971097887&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I got the second one in my collection for 2 bucks! Let me know when your hitting the mainland.

Pages: 1 13 replies