Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Disneyland's 50th and Shag (warning: sorta large images)

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Looks like there are some previews of the Shag artwork for Disneyland's 50th being sent out.... I found this on MousePlanet this morning - read more here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050425.htm

"Shag reception and merchandise

Walt Disney Event Services also announced another merchandise event for Disneyland, to be held in June marking the sale of five original prints for the 50th Anniversary by the artist Shag—one for each of Disneyland's five original lands. A reception, scheduled for Friday, June 24 at the Paradise Pier Hotel, also includes the opportunity to pre–purchase the prints and related merchandise through a random selection process.

Two packages are available. 50 tickets are available for the “Tomorrowland Package.” This package includes one night at the Disneyland Hotel (couples can get two consecutive nights), free valet parking at the hotel, entrance to the reception and a meet–and–greet with Shag (Josh Agle), a commemorative photo and keepsake, and access to the random selection process for merchandise. This package costs $400.

For $150, you can get the “Adventureland Package,” which is essentially the same thing, but without the hotel room. The number of tickets available for this package is not announced.

Reservations are open for the event at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Monday, May 9th. Official information is available here.

You can view photos of the merchandise here. For those who prefer their art cheaper (and slightly dinged by the U.S. Postal Service), Event Services did send postcards announcing the event to their mailing list. Each card had one of the five new paintings on its back.

MousePlanet received four of the five postcards, scans shown below. You can see the fifth, for Frontierland, at the merchandise link above."

I'm pretty pleased with this merchandise - the colors are great! It's certainly better than the "precious-moments-esque" Thomas Kincade stuff you will be seeing...

Some of the items, like the "Disneyland memory album" and Tin Lunch Box are really nice...

Of most interest to TC'ers will be this tiki mug:

....and this "Aloha" shirt:

Kevin & Jody's 1963 Hawaiian Host shirt repro is still the one to get, but this one is pretty nice too...

Here again is the merchandise page with images of all the Shag Swag....

Anyone taking out a HELOC to pay for all this stuff yet?

please don't tell me that mug is a limited edition.

-Z

T

Adventureland Tiki Mug

Edition size: 500
Size: 8"

$32

I dunno - 500 seems pretty limited to me...

Bastards!

I mean, shucks... darn.

-Z

So many people have been drooling over these images that they're wearing the color right off of'em!

M

I see the mugs have started turning up on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1379&item=6535591450&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

They say "pre-sale" Does anyone know if we'll be able to get them from Delivears or mouseshop?

T

On 2005-05-26 20:39, MauiTiki wrote:
I see the mugs have started turning up on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1379&item=6535591450&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Check out the closing price on this one.

I saw another today with a Buy It Now price of $115. It was gone within an hour.

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:57 ]

S

There probably isn't, but is there a way to find out what's sold out or not before Saturday morning? Or at least find out how many of the items are spoken for at the reception?

On 2005-06-19 18:49, spy-tiki wrote:
There probably isn't, but is there a way to find out what's sold out or not before Saturday morning? Or at least find out how many of the items are spoken for at the reception?

I was told that each reception guest had a limit of three on each item for sale.

No one could/would tell me how many guests were attending though.

I was one of the folks that did a BIN. I dig Shag too much I guess. Call me crazy.

I'm glad I did it though because I called delivears this morning and they weren't doing phone orders. I really wanted a lunch box for the Shag collection as well.

Now when the mug arrives is another story...we shall see.

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:56 ]

On 2005-06-25 17:45, Tangaroa Ed wrote:
I dig Shag too much I guess. Call me crazy.

I hear you, man.

Me and Shag

One of the bars

Roberta, Linda & Dan with the Swingin' Shagateers

The food was surprisingly good.

The mug is fabulous.

Wow those pictures are great!

the mug looks really great, and the lady I purchased mine from is sending it out tomorrow!

I was this close to flying out from Boston specifically for the event, but I have trips to San Fran and London already on the horizon and thought I would do better on the 'bay.

Now that I see those pictures I wish I had gone....

We just went for Saturday and were very suprised that everything was still availiable for purchase. We had totally given up hope on getting the mug and were so happy when we got it. It is much bigger, brighter, and cooler than we expected. Mrs. Lava's favorite part was the skull on the back. Shag seemed so happy to be there and to sign everything on Saturday. It was super cool.

The lunch box finally arrived today.

It's great, but I wish it had come with a thermos. Also, they stuck Adventureland on the bottom.

Pages: 1 15 replies