Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XII on April 29th, 2005.

Pages: 1 4 replies

If April showers have come your way, and its that time of year that will bring you our way, stop by our monthly Tiki Transe and see whats cookin’ leading up to the annual appearance of the Oasis of the Desert!!

Friday April 29th, 2005 10PM No Cover!!

Fisherman is arriving from New York City and heading straight to Tiki Taix. Here you will be given a behind the scenes look at a Fisherman rehearsal in preparation for the big Purple Orchid show on Saturday night and leading up to Otto Von Stroheim’s Tiki Oasis in Palm Springs!! We’ll make sure we keep it informal enough to give you, the audience, a chance to get a good look at the madness behind the method. We hope there is no bloodshed, but remember Fisherman never travels without mallets.

PLUS

Humuhumu’s Search For Bali Hai: Portland! Take a trip with Humuhumu in search of the enchanted and mystical world of Bali Hai. Come with her to Portland, the city of the upcoming Annual Northwest Tiki Crawl. She’ll look at the Alibi as well as the Jasmine Tree and other points of Portlands poly pop past.

ALSO

King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis will be on hand to goof with you at the last Tiki Taix show before the Tiki Oasis. We will welcome visitors from around the world who are arriving for a smashing time in Palm Springs.

AND

Take a little video walk through The Tabou Tiki Room in Berlin, Germany. This is a gem that is still pretty young and still pretty far away. Our feature from one year ago showed Tiki Diablo hard at work in Berlin on a series of 6 footers. Now you can see them in their finished state comfortably resting in their lavish exotic home. Remember next time you’re in Germany to make your way to the Tabou Tiki Room!!

PLUS

The Ghost of the Pacific Seas still lingers in downtown Los Angeles. This Polynesian dream was a one of a kind restaurant owned by the Clifton Cafeteria family and was open from 1931 to 1961. With the help of our special photoplasmic camera we were able to catch glimpses of this ghost and trace its history to show some interesting facts about the Pacific Seas that used to be!

Tiki Taix starts at 10pm, located at 1911 Sunset Blvd. (at Park)
Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

T

I am going to be getting into LA early that Friday. I will plan on being at the Tiki Taix that night.

Who else is planning on attending?

TB

On 2005-04-26 20:16, tikibob wrote:
I am going to be getting into LA early that Friday. I will plan on being at the Tiki Taix that night.

Who else is planning on attending?

TB

I'm there for sure.

I think I might go...It sounds like it might be fun...maybe.

well, I was hopin' to hit the TAIX again before the Oasis, but I have locked myself in the tiki studio to work on some last minute goodies for my booth! I've had a WHOLE YEAR to get ready, yet here I am, a victim of timing! oh well! can't wait to see your excellent MC-ing at the Oasis King!

Pages: 1 4 replies