Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Gecko's South Sea Arts

Pages: 1 28 replies

Just thought I give out a plug to Bruddah Gecko. Check it out - he's got a couple of new tikis, a Cocojoe's catalog and some mugs on the block!

http://stores.ebay.com/Geckoz-South-Sea-Arts_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

That Tiki #2 carving is sweet Gecko. Very tempting!! BUY GECKO NOW!!!

B

Lookin Great Mr Gecko

Sweet G! The "pp" term cracks me up.

HOK

Gecko is in deep tiki creation mode! More one of a kind ceramics galore! aloha

B

Really nice stuff there Gecko. Thanks for bringin more of your art to TC, we Miss you..

G
GECKO posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 4:26 PM

Hey T'anks Pop for looking out. Working 16 hours a day dosen't allow me to have a whole lot of my time on TC any mo but it's always nice to see all da new tings wen you haven't been around for a while.

here are a few hand made bowls, no moulds here guys. Just thought I would share. Hey my braddah Benzart, you got me hooked on da Maori guys with da tounge.

while in my studio, I've been getting ready my "Legends of Exotica" mug #2 and while poring and finding a glaze for da prototyes or waiting for something to dry I'll pick up a piece of clay and start sculpting it. That's what these here are,...these are my "I'm waiting for da clay to dry" projects.

Enjoy, and t'anks planny! aloha!

here's da link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3973984180&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

[ Edited by: GECKO on 2005-05-11 16:31 ]

Sweet G! These bowls are the best.

Aloha Gecko, Da Bowl collection is Sweeeet, the ones with da tongues hang’in out reminds me of the first time I ate poi…..uuuuuugh!…..lol. Keep up da awesome sculps brudda.

[ Edited by: Da Big Haole on 2005-05-12 17:19 ]

T

Aloha Da Big Haole

Welcome, four posts for you I see, and I see that you got a website waiting to be fired up soon.

Wow, 301 posts for me.

And Geck, all the stuff. that bowl looks a Benzart necklace.

Gecko, once again your talents and creativity have left my eyeballs dangling from their sockets. In a good way, of course. Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

p.s. Good to hear from you, it's been awhile.

Gecko, once again your talents and creativity have left my eyeballs dangling from their sockets. In a good way, of course. Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

p.s. Good to hear from you, it's been awhile.

Bumpin' up again for bruddah Gecko. He just put up the Augie Colon Prototype for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3977394620&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2005-05-28 08:06 ]

Gecko that mug is absolutely PERFECT. Never have I seen a nicer mug - it's as though you could pour a drink into one of your carvings and enjoy two things at once - the carving and the drink. A most excellent remembrance to a most excellent musician

Those bowls you made while "waiting for the glaze" are amazing too - you are pumping out some seriously nice things!

Polypop - thanks for posting these and updating us.

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-05-28 12:14 ]

I

am

Agog!

Hey Gecko, that design would make an awesome lamp. There could be one bulb
inside the mug, lighting up his fiery innards. And with the right kind of shade,
well, it would be a stunner.

That is one sweet mug! I'm going to watch it, but I'm sure I am not going to end up with it.

Holy smoke, that is one sweet mug!

K

Hecka detail! Super cool, Gecko.

Gecko, Are the regular 75 gonna be offered here first or are they going straight to ebay?

Mahalo

B

I Gotta say I am VERY Happy to see you doing more maori stuff. I LOVE the "Islands" tiki bowl and the "Augie Colons" mug is one of the BEST I have seen Period...

Sweeeet! gecko, I think I'll need two of them, one for drinking out of and the other one I'll covert for burnin the pakalolo....hehehe. Damn dude! what can I say (dat mug be da shisnit). lots of love from da mainland brudda.....Peace out!

That Augie Colon prototype went for a lot less than it should have (If you compare it to say, a Shag mug). No sign of the mug being put up on Augie's passing day yet. Gecko must love his day job since he could make a fine living peddling his wears.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3977394620&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Aloha Gecko!, You are da aku of Aloha personified. your ohana be my ohana braddah, so anytime you and da wahine wanna come to da eastside I'll roast a pua'a for ya and we can fire up da kiln and melt a couple...LOL.

Your aikane, BD Haoleeee!

DBH

Hey Gecko, got the Augie today, it's hands down the hottest mug in my collection. Big mahalo Braddah!
Looking forward to hooking up with ya on da mainland......Haole.

B

Gecko, that mug will look Nicer sittin on my table. It is an Awesome mug and really needs to be on MY Table.

A

Is the new mug available yet?

Really sweet mug!!! Great design!!!!

T

On 2005-07-09 20:49, aikiman44 wrote:
Is the new mug available yet?

According to Gecko's ebay store...
"This weekend we went to Kaneohe to pick up our second mold to start pouring the 1/75 mugs. It was being stored at a friends place in a storage unit for the past 2 weeks. To make a long story short, the shed got water logged because of the frequant rain showers in Kaneohe and damaged 4 molds that were on the ground, one being the Augie Colon tribute. We have been upset about the problem all weekend. We will be able to push another 25 pieces out of this mould for the regular LE set with the mouths closed on the mug. So, this will most likely be only a 50 mug edition now unless we feel the mold is in no condition to pour 25 more. 25 proofs and 25 regular LE mugs is what we are now looking at. Sorry, we are very dissapointed and have removed all of our molds from that storage unit. We never created a master mold because we planned to destroy the molds when we were done."

Right now the only way to get these is on eBay. I think he is up to #7 right now and there are only 25 that look this spectacular. Get'em before they're gone!! There is another mug in the Exotica Series that Gecko is working on right now. It is top secret but they will be sold at the Hukilau this year. Gecko is truly a great artist and he has done a lot of work, not only promoting his unique brand of art but also helping to spread the news about Exotica music of the past and its legacy of great artists. Give it up to Gecko!!

Pages: 1 28 replies