Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kamapua'a visits Kauai

Pages: 1 5 replies

K

Well folks, I managed to read "Kamapua'a" on the plane flying into Honolulu for a lay over on the way to Lihue. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale and recommend it to all the TCites. I even passed it around to some of my ohana while in Kauai (see picture of Kamapua'a frolicking in Poipu) and everyone enjoyed it. It even inspired one of our party to pick up a book of Hawaiian legends for further reading on the way back to Ohio (which is pronounced Oh-hee-oh in Hawaiian and means "No beaches and bad weather" )

It's very well written and Chong's pics have such a unique and cool cartoony style that it's just hard to resist flipping back through it after you finish to look at the images again.

Only complaint? Too short! Can't wait for issue #2. Nice work guys.

Mahalo,

Ahu

Aloha KuKuAhu,
We really apprieciate the feedback. Glad you liked the story and had a good time reading it. I am sure being in Hawaii didn't hurt either. Also, thanks for postin the pic, Great shot. Don't worry more adventures are headin' your way in Vol 2. which we are planning on releasing in mid June.
many Mahaloz for your interest,
Chongolio

Ahu,

Mahalo nui loa for the kind review! I'm glad to hear Kama kept you company on your flight & while you were in Hawaii.

Also, it's really great to hear that my storytelling & chongo's artwork inspired someone in your ohana to delve deeper into Hawaiian legend (they won't be disappointed!).

BTW, may we use your photo on our website?

Aloha,
Tiki Chris

http://www.piggod.com

K

On 2005-04-28 14:22, Tiki Chris wrote:

BTW, may we use your photo on our website?

Of course! I took it for you guys.

Aloha,

Ahu

K

Mahalo braddah Ahu! Tiki Chris spent some time updatin' da website ovah da weekend. He made sure to include your photo!

Click on your photo to check'um out:

Aloha,
Kamapua'a

http://www.piggod.com

[ Edited by: Kamapua'a on 2005-05-02 11:28 ]

K

Cool! Part of my hand is famous!

Heh heh heh!

Aloha,

Ahu

Pages: 1 5 replies