Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Events in SoCal during the week before Tiki Oasis

Pages: 1 7 replies

This year, as in the past, the Los Angeles/Orange County area is full of out-of-towners here before Tiki Oasis. The events in the week leading up to Oasis are a great chance to meet fellow tikiphiles before the crush of the main shindig in Palm Springs. Here's an at-a-glance summary of what's going down in this happenin' town:

Friday, April 29:
King Kukulele's Tiki Taix, at Taix French Restaurant in Echo Park (east of Hollywood in Los Angeles)

**Saturday, April 30: **
Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio at the Purple Orchid in El Segundo (west of Los Angeles, just south of LAX)

Sunday, May 1:
Huntington Beach Pier Rock & Stroll in Huntington Beach, west Orange County

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio at The Pike in Long Beach, south Los Angeles, north Orange County

DJ Lee's Exotica Night at the Lucky Tiki in Mission Hills, west San Fernando Valley, north Los Angeles

Tuesday, May 3:
Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio at the Lava Lounge, Hollywood, Los Angeles

Wednesday, May 4:
Wednesday Night at Tiki-Ti in Silver Lake, east of Hollywood, Los Angeles

Thursday, May 5:
Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio at the Continental Room in Fullerton, Orange County

Also, if you're driving from this area out to Palm Springs, consider a stop at Bahooka in Rosemead (east of Los Angeles) for lunch, and a visit to Oceanic Arts in Whittier (also east of Los Angeles)... they're more or less on the way. I'll be making my way out Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised if a caravan of some sort was organized over drinks at Tiki-Ti on Wednesday.

See you all soon!

M

We'll be down on Wednesday and look forward to seeing folks. Come on out and join us if you're around!

Martiki & Rebecca's Schedule for the week:

Wednesday: Dr. Z's & The Tiki-Ti

Thursday: Oceanic Arts, Bahooka, Lucky Tiki early, Purple Orchid late. Lots o' drivin!

Friday: Brunch with 91 year old great aunt. (Who wants to come? Anyone? Hello?)

Then Oasis!

D

thanks for putting that list together Humuhumu!!

i still have to get our plans together, but it looks like we're flying into San Diego May 2, then driving to Oasis on Friday morning staying till monday morning, then back to San Diego. flying home on May 10 around noon.

we'll work in tiki things around visiting the parental units and such!

elicia

Thanks HumuHumu! Great list! I'm there for Friday Taix (after Tiki Ti) and Tuesday Lava Lounge for sure. Oh....and the Friday brunch with Martiki's great aunt, if he posts the address!!

On 2005-04-27 10:47, martiki wrote:

Thursday: Oceanic Arts, Bahooka, Lucky Tiki early, Purple Orchid late. Lots o' drivin!

Wow. That's impressive!! Whittier, Rosemead, Mission Hills, El Segundo!! A taxi-driver's Royal Flush!

Chief Bartender and I will be at the Tiki Ti late on Wednesday evening. Martiki and anyone else who will be there: we should meet up.

FYI Brenda this Thread is 3 Years old. Some Spammer got in and awoke it from the dead. You might want to repost that you'll be in LA in another thread.

T

Got me...I thought Humu was back.

Pages: 1 7 replies