Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

the trouble w/ living in paradise

Pages: 1 7 replies

I live in Canada and we have also been declared a Fat society....glad we are not alone. It seems our kids here sit on their butts all day and don't go out much like they used to. Its a sad thing when kids cannot go out alone until they are 18 because of parents fears. My Mom used to lock the front door and say Don't come back until dinner time!!

Fartsatune,

I can relate with your childhood, once I went to school and when I came back, my parents moved!

I watched a show on Discovery /Learning Channel? last night about Easter Island and the Moai. Seems like the trouble with living in their paradise was that it was too perfect. They overpopulated (having a little too much uhhh fun) and that's what started their downfall.

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2002-10-23 13:38 ]

Futura girl, I think I saw that same doc a couple of months ago. I thought it was some crazy stuff. They kept making the moais bigger and bigger to ward off the bad times, but it didn't work. In the end, they didn't even have any trees left to make boats and flee the island.

T

I saw that too, but ate a large burrito while watching, and by the end I had fallen asleep in a cheese induced food coma.

I hope it comes on again!

Wow! Canadians eating burritos! I wonder if any Mexicans are eating Canadian bacon (?).

I guess its the bacon thats giving us canadians the fat asses! Mystery solved!

Pages: 1 7 replies