Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

need Oasis stage help

Pages: 1 9 replies

CA

I've been dressing the stage for Oasis since we've had a stage....
This year is a castaway shipwreck!!! I have got some great surprises.... but

my 15 year old tiki lights (a-top stage) have seen there day and countless party set-up/tear-downs........ they might work again with some work... but I rather use some new or more reliable sets..

Here is a call for donations for the use of tiki-lights......

also any 'cool' artifacts/dressing for the stage you might bring let me know..
NO PLASTIC ITEMS PLEASE.... props need a high standard of tikiness

ALSO: ShipsTrader Steve is bringing a truck load of cool Nautical stuff for the stage!! YA!!
Is there some one or two that can help him load the truck Thursday morning???? Woodland Hills...

please email me responses... THANKS ALL
See Ya SOON!!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2005-04-28 22:13 ]

bump...

Al.......check your email. May be able to help.

A

Al,
I have a full size pirate flag from Disneyland that I can bring for you.
See ya there,
Shell in the Pacific

I've been watching the Oasis threads for weeks, and it's interesting that when someone post something about FREE DRINKS in certain rooms, lurkers come 'crawling' out of the woodwork, but 2 people have lights, etc to donate for the stage? hmmm. People are buying passes on EBay, and posting about getting last minute tickets, but the volunteer slots aren't filled? Where is the love? just saying...

Al - the Pineapples will bring some lights.

M

I was confused by the whole "no plastic" thing. I would have purchased some lights and just donated them but they are the plastic MOAI lights similar to the ones C'Al already has.

I am happy to search for props but maybe we can get some specific suggestions. Most folks are not up to displaying/donating their authentic home artifacts so all you would be left with is less expensive decor.

CA

plastic?... tiki lights good.... pirate party store stuff bad....

i was really just looking for tiki lights that are reliable... i believe i have it covered.

The stage seems to be set, but it doesn't arrive till Fri. afternoon.... so a helping hand might speed things along for that night's events. If ya have a screw gun and a tool belt and are going early to the event... let me know......

thanks

I will bring my cordless drill with attachments and my "tool belt".

Anything else?

K

On 2005-05-02 10:40, Monkeyman wrote:
I will bring my cordless drill with attachments and my "tool belt".

Anything else?

But remember, crack kills!

If I am there on time I got cha.

Pages: 1 9 replies