Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Celebrities and Tikis - your favorite photos.

Pages: 1 15 replies

I thought I'd start a thread of celebrities spotted at tiki locations.

Here is Eliza Dushku at Trader Vic's, next door to the Golden Globe awards at the Beverly Hilton. She enhances the room nicely, in my opinion.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2005-04-29 17:15 ]

Barbara Rush and George Nader at the Bali Hai in San Diego:

Johnny Carson and Mystery Wahine.

J

I'm not familiar with Eliza Dushku or anything she's appeared in but she certainly does enhance Trader Vic's! Wow, I've got to check her out... er, I mean check out some of her work! :)

Eliza Dushku is best known among "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" TV show fans as Faith, the other slayer. Johntiki, you'd probably dig the Faith character since she's a sexy, uninhibited, badass party girl when first introduced.

Eliza was also in the horror flick "Wrong Turn" and breifly was in a show where her character saw ghosts. Never followed the TV show so I don't know what became of it.

I think I did see a Tiki or 2 when I watched the Buffy series, so my response still kinda-sorta,maybe fits being in this thread. OK, I'm stretching. :oops:

K
Kono posted on Fri, Apr 29, 2005 7:39 PM

On 2005-04-29 17:04, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Here is Eliza Dushku at Trader Vic's, next door to the Golden Globe awards at the Beverly Hilton. She enhances the room nicely, in my opinion.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Who's her friend anyway?

I gotta say I miss Buffy. That was my favorite show for quite a few seasons. I dropped out the last couple of years but those first three or four were outstanding. Carry on.

B

On 2005-04-29 19:39, Kono wrote:
Who's her friend anyway?

Isn't that Brittany Murphy?

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2005-04-29 20:03 ]

S

No tiki/celebrity pictures...only trivia. George Nader was a very close friend of Rock Hudson (not that there's anything wrong with that). So close in fact that Hollywood banished him to Europe where he starred in a series of German spy films playing the character of FBI agent, Jerry Cotton. Another spy outing paired him with Frankie Avalon in "The Million Eyes Of Sumaru". Sumaru played by Shirley (Goldfinger) Eaton.

It does look like Britany Murphy. Great pics Sabu!! Any with Elvis in the Jungle Room?

TB

On 2005-04-29 17:20, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Barbara Rush and George Nader at the Bali Hai in San Diego:

Nice to see picture of the old Mr. Bali Hai with bones in his nose!

TBird.

Thanks to the blow up of The Bob Mitchum album (one of my all time fave Calypso covers) I for the first time noticed what Bob is imbibing: The elusive DAGGER rum, as discussed in this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13196&forum=10&18

Always knew the man had style...

I know calyspo is not necessarily tiki, but Mitch is too cool for school! Couldn't resist!

More more!

I can never understand why there aren't more celebs at Tiki Bars photos. A lot of the bars themselves must put up photos of famous visitors (usually with the owner) - why aren't there more of these around?

Surely there could be a thread just for those that go to Trader Vic's?
"when asked about the Oscar race....Crowe said he'd prefer to have a drink and savor the moment. "I'm not thinking about that. I'm thinking about going to Trader Vic's and having a drink."

Trader Woody

Just had a brainwave - I know exactly who'd take celebrity photos - the Kowloon! And indeed, if you check out their webpage, they have a section just for such photos

http://www.kowloonrestaurant.com/
(celebrities@kowloon section)

Some class acts there....
Here's Mike Dukakis!

Trader Woody

The Sopranos

The "Incredible Hulk", Lou Ferrigno at Kowloon

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-05-03 10:20 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies