Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Redwood Tiki for my friend

Pages: 1 8 replies

Tiki Centralites,

I haven't posted a topic for quite some time and somehow was compelled to do so this morning. I have been carving like a mad man. Many of my customers are chomping at the bit and want their tikis before I leave on vacation.
The picture below is a tiki that was made for one of my wifes co-workers. This tiki was fortunate enough to have shared the stage with the Wiggling Wahines at Aloha Grills B-Day. Unfortunately, I failed to take pictures of the ornately carved back of this tiki. However,the new owner was nice enough to send me this picture.

The tiki above stands around 5 feet tall and has a 1 ft diameter. It has several coats of marine varnish and polyeurathane protecting it.My main man, Jason, did an excellent job sanding and smoothed everything out perfectly.

Currently, I am busting out on 9 five to six foot (1/2 tikis/ masks) for a repeat client (I love repeat business). I will send some action shots of this shortly.

Have an excellent weekend. The waves are pumping over here on the West Coast so I know I will. (with a tweaked neck and all)

Will

On 2005-04-30 11:14, SCTikiShack wrote:
Redwood Tiki for my friend

Can I be your friend?
Another beauty SC.,
Once again, when your down Monterey way, stop by my bar for a tail.

S

Beautiful.

B

Definately Very Nice. You get such a neat look to your tikis..

That is one great looking tiki. You must post more pics more often..

Thanks you guys,

I love being able to showcase some of my tikis on this website. It is great getting input from fellow carvers. Lately, I have been trying to make every tiki different. Since I don't trace them out beforehand, I never know how they will turn out. Luckily, most of them come out looking rather symetrical, must be the good wacky tabaccie we get around here.(If you know what I mean)

Unga Bunga,
For certain I will give you a ring next time I am headed to Monerey. It will be great to check out your tiki bar and talk story. If you find yourself in Santa Cruz check out my tiki/ shave ice booth located at Aloha Grill on Fridays-Sundays.(I have the special loded shave ice for VIPs)

Thanks,
Will

HK

Great work, SC! There's a clarity/clean-ness to the lines on your Tiki that really stands out to me. Please post more pics when you've got them. Thanks for sharing.

J
http://www.whollycatsband.com

That Tiki is Sweet!!! Very neat and clean!!! Good Job and thanks for posting pics

the fact that you get such clean symmetry without tracing it out beforehand blows me away. stunning! 8)
j$

Pages: 1 8 replies