Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Building at tiki bar

Pages: 1 8 replies

R

Hello everybody!

Im thinking of building a tikibar and i wonder if anyone have any blueprints? Or maybe some tips about how to build it?

/Mikael from Sweden

Aloha and Welcome!
Check out the search function for prior posts on this topic, there is almost too many to mention. You'll find a wealth of info,ideas, and help.

R

On 2005-05-01 11:04, Tiki Rider wrote:
Aloha and Welcome!
Check out the search function for prior posts on this topic, there is almost too many to mention. You'll find a wealth of info,ideas, and help.

Thanx man!
Ive been checking out some old post for a while now and the pictures gives me lots of inspiration, but i cant seem to find any blueprints..

B

Welcome to TC Rudeboy. Good luck with your bar. As you will see, there are tons of pictures and ideas but I don't think I have ever seen any blueprints. Every bar and room is different and has to be designed individuallywhich makes sharing blueprints difficult. Also it seems to be a building-as-you-go sort of thing. However you do it, I'm sure you will have lots of fun and don't forget to Add pictures. It seems when you post pic's of the empty room or where the bar is going to be, then you get a lot of input. Try it
Hope this helps

R

Great idea!

I will drop some photos here as soon as we have moved in to the new apartment:)

Thanx

Get the book "Pad" --

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811826538/qid=1114985067/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-4690997-4812028

It has plans for a tiki bar. I've built my own from these plans. Easy. Materials like $40. Lots of room for one's own creativity.

R

On 2005-05-01 15:05, Satan's Sin wrote:
Get the book "Pad" --

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811826538/qid=1114985067/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-4690997-4812028

It has plans for a tiki bar. I've built my own from these plans. Easy. Materials like $40. Lots of room for one's own creativity.

Thanx man! I found the book at a swedish webshop so i wont have to spend a fortune on shipping either:)

You dont happen to have a picture of the bar you built?

I took this picture of my ice bucket, so this doesn't show the bar in its entireity.

You will find that if you build the bar to the exact specifications in "Pad," then a standard 3' x 6' roll-up shade will fit around the exterior of the bar precisely (that's all the front of this bar is: a roll-up shade from Cost Plus).

The top is just a piece of particle board cut with a jigsaw into a quasi-boomerang 1950s shape. It is covered with green astroturf, pulled tight over the top like a bedsheet over a bed, then stapled from underneath.

Now -- show us the pictures of your bar in progress!

R

You got a really nice bar there, and i love the icebucket!:)

I will drop some photos of the bar in progress as soon as i start building it, in a few weeks or so when we have moved in to our new apartment.

Pages: 1 8 replies