Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

my carvings, burning question

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

T

Here are all my carvings. Instead of starting new topics all the time Ill just post here. Any advice is always great;;

Ok here is # 1 chillin by the pool

Ok here is # 2. My daughter named it Monkey Tiki

Here is solar Eye's Tiki....#3

At night...

Here is #4.. This was a unplanned tiki... It just shaped itself...

Anthor angle.....

Here is piratiki... Still need final sanding and varnish

Thanks for looking. working on 2 new ones and a table right now

"Those above are going down, those below are going up" by unknown
"Do not be afraid, GO DEEP" by A-A
"Life is like this: sometimes sun, sometimes rain." by unknown

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-02 09:25 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-07 14:14 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-09 17:24 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-11 06:29 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-13 15:20 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-30 19:32 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-06-10 15:51 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-07-04 08:06 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos 2005-07-15 19:45 ]

Aaargh! What are you up to, one a day? Keep 'em coming.

S
sungod posted on Mon, May 2, 2005 1:39 PM

OK now make one look like Jon Gruden.

T

i CAN.....

T

oK HERE IS PIRATiki... Yes he is enjoying over looking the pool. As for a Gruden tiki, I dont know. He would just fire all the other tiki's and make me start over...

"Those above are going down, those below are going up" by unknown
"Do not be afraid, GO DEEP" by A-A
"Life is like this: sometimes sun, sometimes rain." by unknown

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2005-05-13 07:28 ]

B

Thantos, your Piratiki is Way coooolYou're making good progress so Keep'em coming.

T

Here is a bench I am starting. Here is the start.....

Will be very cool. Will have cupholders, nice stain and 2 diffrent poles....

T

Ok here are some before pics. Burning a hole for cup holders, and bench.....

Thanks everyone!

R

Man you carve fast. Looks good. I should mention that I got the bench idea from a photo I saw. The photo was of Tikitonys carvings .

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 6:24 AM

That pirate tiki looks cool. Got a good little attitude on him.

Cool flamin' tikis, Thanatos!

http://www.samgambino.com

B

Like Sam says those are HOT Tikis. Lookin good Thantos. You are pretty quick. Keep pumpin'em out..

T

I need to do a detailed one... It keeps calling me....

I have to light more of my tikis on fire. Those look great.

T

Ok done with bench. I left the faces rough to experiment with a new resin coating I am using... Decide to no use burnt out holes in top of tikis for cup holders....

As always, any advice is always welcomed... So the next project is a detailed lots of sanding tiki and a mail box holder for the missus.. Have I said I love it here?

Very cool, Thanatos! Instead of those tikis just standing there lookin pretty, they may as well hold up a bench. :)

Looks great. I forsee of of these in my future.

It really does look nice. Functional tiki, it's a neat concept. It gets both sides of the brain working!

B

Thantos, the bench looks Great. Nice finish and the drink holders are a cool addition. Very well done. Hang around, you may be a tiki carver one day. or 2 days or 3 days or...

T

Fink, It also keeps the wife happy... " No honey, I am making it into a ... Bench, you know you always wanted one..."

Thanks all...

TG

You've come a long way. Good job. I'm beginning to think you should have carved your tap handle yourself!

Nahhh... I dont think I can do small.. And your art is top notch!

TG

Well my girlfriend "Trish" didn't think she could either, now you should see some of the small stuff "she's" carving these days...I'll have to post some pics for her to share with every one. I'm proud of here for getting involved, plus she enjoys it which makes it all the much better.

Never count yourself out till you try it. You never know, hell, you have many tikis now, "5" or so!!!

T

Here is # 8... starting to try diffrent tools.... Love the 4 1/2 angle grinder and curved chisel....

Here he is being stained

Decide to put him in the Pirate Grotto...

Thanks to everyone for the advice, support, comments. I need to start putting in more detail... Any advice?

B

Thantos, each tiki you do gets better and better. As you get more tools and start wanting more detail, it will happen. just start adding a bit at a time until you are comfortable. keep'em coming.

S
SES posted on Sat, May 14, 2005 5:53 AM

Love those flaming tikis! I think the benches are a great idea.

H
hewey posted on Sat, May 14, 2005 6:26 PM

I agree with benzart - your quality just keeps improving!

Starting a new one tonight.. I think this is the uglist log ever. Found it on a beach buried.. Will post a pic

Your yard is looking downright savage.

T

Ok my wife was on me to make her a table. So I cut a top, stained and torched it and took my crooked pirtiki and made this....

Picture out the patio door

Hope everyone is doing well. Ill be starting #10 wed! Thank you everyone for the advice and help...

B

Another cool one Thantos. By the time you get your tiki space all decked out, your tikis will be ready for the market. Still making good progress. Don't stop growing. start to incorporate new features as you go.NICE.

B

Thantos Strikes again. Excellent project Thantos Well done. You seem to be getting a lot of Well deserved Attention.
Love it!

T

Ok not my best... But was expermenting with diffrent tools... Hope everyone likes. Has a torch in its head also. Sorry for the fuzzy pic. Rain.. Will lite it up tommorow night and take a couple of pics. Thanks to everyone!

F

Always like flames.... Nice job and hope the tropical storm only give everyhing a good cleaning...happy Hurricane season

T

Storms mean more wood.... Kidding.. I think

B

Thantos, he looks good, comon man you are making progress, sharpen up the old chisels and crank out another one!!!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jun 11, 2005 5:40 AM

Tiki (cool) + Flames (hot) = errr, I dont know. I didn't think that far ahead. Luke warm?

Anyway, you have defied the rules of physics as that is definitely not luke warm - I like it dude

T

Ok bar needed a sign. made this one as a temp till I get something nicer.... Got the new logs ready... Busy with Luau and work. Hope to carve tommorow.....
Hope everyone is well.. Happy 4th

F

I like it, especially the pirate coconut heads

F

I like it, especially the pirate coconut heads

Lookin fine, Thanatos.

That little bar of your is coming together very well. The sign is a great addition.
Nice work.

T

Thanks everyone.... Started carving today

That pirate hangin at the bar looks like an old chum of mine- cept he had a blue eye...

Dig the flames on your tiki!

Aarrrgh!!
-Skully

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-07-05 21:26 ]

[double post]

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-07-05 21:26 ]

T

Thanks Capt....

T

Ok question, I got a new log today. Some kind of palm.. When I cut into it a smell of,,, amonia hit me.. Log looks great but the smell.. Any thoughts?

Maybe a cat's been peeing on it for 10 years?

Pages: 1 2 51 replies