Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Page 43 of the BOT. Are those things real?

Pages: 1 19 replies

F

They don't look real.

They were just better made in the 60's.

Trader Woody

R

Hell Ya they're real: REAL NICE!!!

E
eel posted on Wed, May 4, 2005 9:40 AM

Boys, Boys,
having seen waaay too many fake boobs, my vote is not real. They stand up too high and yes, fake boobs were around in the 60's. Marily Monroe was rumored to have a sponge like breast enhancement, and if you compare some young/older photos, it sure makes ya think...
found some fake boob history...made my boobies ache...wax, glass????
"The use of injectable synthetic materials to augment the breast first began at the end of the 18th century. Gersuny first proposed the injection of paraffin in 1899, and he was shortly followed by others who substituted a variety of substances, including beeswax and vegetable oil, as the injectable material of choice. The practice of such direct injection was ultimately deemed harmful to patients and was prohibited from further use in the 1960s.

The last of the 3 methods of augmentation, implantable prosthetic devices, certainly have been the most successful. The first prosthetic devices were made of ivory or glass, but these materials were abandoned because of the highly unnatural appearance that they produced. Focus then shifted to spongelike materials, such as Ivalon, which could be fabricated to create a more natural appearance of the breast. However, use of sponge-type implants eventually was abandoned because of the late effects of shrinkage, hardening, and distortion caused by excessive scarring into the material.

The evolution of modern silicone-based implants began in 1963, when Cronin and Gerow introduced a silicone implant filled with silicone gel, with both the outer shell and inner gel material composed of silicone. The infamous litigation surrounding the safety of the inner silicone gel has led to the widespread use of inflatable saline-filled silicone implants. These inflatable implants have the advantage of being collapsible for insertion, thereby allowing their placement through a smaller surgical incision. The fact that they are filled only with saline also has helped to decrease health concerns regarding silicone-based implants."

On 2005-05-04 09:40, eel wrote:

beeswax and vegetable oil, as the injectable material of choice... ivory or glass, but these materials were abandoned because of the highly unnatural appearance that they produced.... shrinkage, hardening, and distortion caused by excessive scarring

thank god I'm a leg man :wink:

-Z

UB

Laney always puts my mind at ease.
Thanks for taking me down mammary lane Eel. :)

[ Edited by: purple jade 2005-08-25 09:09 ]

TM

Boobs are cool

R

I just read these posts for the articles.

H

hehe boobs :)

T

If you can see them, they are real. Oh yeah and "heh..heh...Boobs"

I'm thinking about getting a set of those for myself.

If fake-ums don't bother you, why not buy your own and skip the woman all together.

http://www.queenbreast.com

-Z

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jul 16, 2005 9:39 PM

I told my girl if we break up, I get visitation rights :)

J
john posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 2:38 AM

hooray for boobies!
(.)(.) = :)

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 8:13 AM

On 2005-07-17 02:38, john wrote:
hooray for boobies!
(.)(.) = :)

My formula is
:drink: + :drink: + :drink: = (.)(.) = :D

I have to point out that even the "real" ones in Western society are not natural. This is due to a number of factors we can discuss later.
To see an unadulterated totally natural pair just enjoy page 36 in the book "Night Of The Tiki".

Artificially enlarged breasts in the Sixties?
Check out "The Pump House Gang" by Tom Wolfe
The chapter on Carol Doda
called "The Put Together Girl"

http://www.scholars.nus.edu.sg/landow/victorian/genre/ej/2d4.html

More info on Carol Doda

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/North_America/United_States/photo202176.htm

[ Edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2005-07-22 10:26 ]

thanks KB the 33rd!
Check out that neon, must be fantastic at night!!

yup, boobs rule!

... and I don't mean bong.

Pages: 1 19 replies