Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new to the board

Pages: 1 27 replies

K

This is my first post just signed up last night. am from the So Cal area.
Hello to all.

Welcome from one new member to another new member.

Welcome again from yet another new member. Seems the older folks don't like to talk to us rookies, eh?
Whereabouts in SoCal are you from?

Welcome from a kinda old kinda new member who really enjoys it here.

:tiki:

On 2002-10-23 22:11, Trader_Rick wrote:
Seems the older folks don't like to talk to us rookies, eh?

That's a little unfair, Trader Rick! I recall answering your first post, joined by a number of others.

In many ways, this is just like any other bar. Say hello and you might just get a polite nod. Jump in feet first, and you'll soon have drinks bought for you.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2002-10-24 14:07 ]

On 2002-10-24 02:41, Trader Woody wrote:
That's a little unfair, Trader Rick! I recall answering your first post, joined by a number of others.
Trader Woody

That's true, and I apologize. While I'm at it, let me apologize for refering to other members as "old people" in two other posts which you probably haven't read yet. Or maybe I shouldn't apologize since I meant the old people comment as a joke. Either way.

No worries Trader Rick.

We oldsters tend to be pretty thick (and leathery) skinned!

Trader Woody

True!

Welcome aboard!

:tiki:

Hello from the deep south!

TK

Aloha!

Hey man welcome aboard, lots of So-Cal folk around here so lots ends up going on. I'm sure we'll be throwing back Mai Tais with ya soon enough.

T

Welcome!

What is with these newbie greenhornes.
They think they can just sign up and be top TIKI.
Ya know some of us old folk had to work our asses off to get to where we are.
Taking handouts, so we could buy enough clay to make a mug or two.
We had to carve our TIKI's with a sharpened spoon.
And the closest we got to a tiki drink was to lick the Trader Vick's menu we dug out of the trash.
And talk about tough, we had to cut down bamboo in the snow to make our hut under the freeway overpass.
Now we get some tender TIKI rookies that want, (no demand) respect.
Well it's like this, if you want to be a "socialite" like us OLD timers, you better grab a shovel and dig into the pit of hard knocks. And when you think you have worked hard enough, think again, because you will never get there until,
you post 101 times?
So drop the shovel and get on the keyboard.
And just in case I did not remember to welcome you.
W-----E-----L-----C-----O-----M-----E-----!

PS. Anyone in SoCal should go to Kona Lanes
(under tiki events) and meet the really old timers (Bong)

Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-10-25 07:18 ]

tiki aloha,

i am new too, but have you seen the pics of some guys here. as stated before if you go to the kona lanes, you will see for yourself, they are "oldsters".

hey guys be careful bowling and don't throw your backs out. a few mai-tai, vicatin, and prep-H will help for a good night for you oldsters.

[ Edited by: ParrotHead on 2002-10-25 12:38 ]

[ Edited by: ParrotHead on 2002-10-25 12:39 ]

Go on ParrodyHead, admit it. You're intrigued by the way people over 14 years old are having fun, despite school, work, or mortgages.

Reminds me of the scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas where the square happens upon a hippie licking LSD of Hunter S Thompson's coat in a mens toilet. These are things you don't understand and shouldn't try to understand.

Trader Woody

A

No, Parrothead is right. Just last night my dentures fell out when a scene in Infra Man made me laugh. This was because I forgot to use my Fixodent before leaving the house. And of course I forgot because I'm getting senile. It's tough being old.

-Randy

Yeah the mind is the second thing to go.

Do you know what the first thing is?

I don't remember.

All my friends
Wear depends...

Wow Bax,
Sounds like you could use a "Vicatin"!! Maybe the green feathered Parrothead could hook you up. I think us old farts should invite the new guys on the next tiki bar crawl and see what they're made of. I really don't think age has much to do with anything. Except maybe with scotch, which I don't care for. Anyway, welcome Kingfish. As for Parrothead, maybe you should stick to frat parties bro' ...Aloha

FBI Notice -

I am certain 'Parrothead' is actually the alter-ego of someone we're already familiar with. Don't know exactly who yet, but if MaD TiKi was involved, I wouldn't be surprised.

One note - 'Parrothead' seems to go back and edit his posts several times (even basic ones). A clue would be to find another member with such traits (?)

Its not me, Bong!

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-10-25 22:13 ]

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-10-25 22:14 ]

I am havin a bad day
I can't talk or crap.
I must have mixed up my Polydent and my prep. h
You know you are getting old when you sit on the toilet and your wallys get wet.
Or when that morning thing is changing your depends.
Or when your wife says HAY your on a roll so you move so she can get up.

What the hell does old have to do with tiki or tiki central? It has to do with liking tiki. Is there a need to be young to like tiki? Or is it that all people can like tiki?

Good lord, all this b/c of some stupid joke I made? Oh well, glad some people have a sense of humor about it.

Age is a funny thing.

Youngsters make fun of (and dread)it, yet with a significant amount of luck they'll be there one day; while oldsters wish for the youth they spent long ago on idle nonsense (though wish they knew then what they know now!).

It reminds me of a KROQ-esque song a few years ago that went something to the effect of "children are innocent, teen-agers fucked -up in the head, adults are even more fucked up, and elderly are like children..."

"Youth is wasted on the wrong people!"

TT

On 2002-10-23 20:31, kingfish wrote:
This is my first post just signed up last night. am from the So Cal area.
Hello to all.

Hey Kingfish, I'm a new bie too... These guys are great. Very welcoming. And I welcome you also..

TT

On 2002-10-25 21:28, Tiki_Bong wrote:
FBI Notice -

I am certain 'Parrothead' is actually the alter-ego of someone we're already familiar with. Don't know exactly who yet, but if MaD TiKi was involved, I wouldn't be surprised.

One note - 'Parrothead' seems to go back and edit his posts several times (even basic ones). A clue would be to find another member with such traits (?)

It's me....

Pages: 1 27 replies